Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, this sight is awsome. I am learning soooooo much. I've got 3500 miles on my gixxer and am comtemplating switching from petroleum based oil to synthetic. Maybe (Mobil 1). Any input would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Originally posted by peco:
Man, this sight is awsome. I am learning soooooo much. I've got 3500 miles on my gixxer and am comtemplating switching from petroleum based oil to synthetic. Maybe (Mobil 1). Any input would be much appreciated.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Peco man! Welcome.

I currently use AMSOIL and will never go back! I have been told not to until the bike has been completely gone through the break-in stage but you shouldn't have to worry about that.

I'd say do it. Do it for you...do it for your bike. You won't regret it, except for price.

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
welcome to the site.. i definatly recomend going to a synthetic oil, i been using synth oils in my bikes for over 10 yrs, at the moment i been using motul full synth in the TLR i had and my gsxr, once my R1 is passed 6000km's i will be changing that from mineral to full synth as well..

·
Registered
7 Posts
I run full synthetic in my Dakota. I don't know if it's the same for bikes, but once you make the switch, you shouldn't go back. So if yer broke one month, don't go cheap and get the dino oil

1 - 7 of 7 Posts