Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
3,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is a technomagnesio the same thing as a Marchesini magnesio? I think the technomag was made by someone for Yoshimura. Possibly Marchesini?. In any event, what is the holy grail of performance rims, one of these or another?

G

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Ragnar:
Is a technomagnesio the same thing as a Marchesini magnesio? I think the technomag was made by someone for Yoshimura. Possibly Marchesini?. In any event, what is the holy grail of performance rims, one of these or another?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">In the late 80's Technomagnesio supplied Yoshimura with their magnesium racing wheels.
Technomagnesio was bought out by Marchesini in the early 90's.....then Yosh started using Marchesini after that..... for the most part pretty much all of the roadrace teams use Marchesini racing wheels now. So I think if there were a Holy Grail of magnesium wheels then I would say it would have to be Marchesini.

·
3,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I wonder if Marchesini changed the design? I picked up a front Technomag for my '88 1100. If I sell the farm and buy a new Marchesini for the rear do you think they will be nearly the same? From the pics I've seen they look the same except for the technomagnesio logo.

G

·
0 Posts
So you are the one that won the Ebay auction! hmmmmm..... You should be able to find plenty of pics of the Marchesini's on the web. Try TAW Vehicle

1 - 5 of 5 Posts