Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"PEOPLE ASK WHY I Might Carry a Gun?

I don't carry a gun to kill people.
I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don't carry a gun to scare people.
I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid.
I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil.
I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government.
I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry.
I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone.
I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man.
I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate.
I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I don't carry a gun because I love it.
I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.
:punk

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
where the fuck is the "like" button......

the thing about carrying is that you feel so unprepared when you dont carry. i always carry when riding

·
Constantly in trouble now
16,403 Posts
I thought government and criminals were the same thing? :dunno

:lmao

--Wag--

·
Rookie
1,401 Posts
Some bleeding heart asked why it was necessary to carry, and I told them it was because I want to be best prepared should anything ever go terribly wrong. They thought it was insane, and couldn't understand when you would need protection like that. I asked them if they had a fire extinguisher in their kitchen. Guess what the answer was? :D

I do not carry a gun expecting to have to use it all the time, but if i ever need it I know how to use it and it will be there. Much like the fire extinguisher in my kitchen. I don't cook intending on starting the kitchen on fire but if the grease hits the burner I know how to pull the pin, aim and shoot. Makes sense to me on both issues!

And I like this post also.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I can't carry a firearm in CA to defend myself if need be. So I practice begging for my life on my knees in front of the mirror. :lol
At least that is what CA probably wants.

I carry a Cold Steel Rajah. It was the largest and toughest folding knife I could find. Here in CA/LA City you are not allowed to carry a fixed blade knife, regardless of length (Concealed or open carry). However, there is no limit on length as long as it folds. Therefore, I carry a menacing folder.

·
Constantly in trouble now
16,403 Posts
Some bleeding heart asked why it was necessary to carry, and I told them it was because I want to be best prepared should anything ever go terribly wrong. They thought it was insane, and couldn't understand when you would need protection like that. I asked them if they had a fire extinguisher in their kitchen. Guess what the answer was? :D

I do not carry a gun expecting to have to use it all the time, but if i ever need it I know how to use it and it will be there. Much like the fire extinguisher in my kitchen. I don't cook intending on starting the kitchen on fire but if the grease hits the burner I know how to pull the pin, aim and shoot. Makes sense to me on both issues!

And I like this post also.
Well said. I like the fire extinguisher analogy. Gonna use that one.

I can't carry a firearm in CA to defend myself if need be. So I practice begging for my life on my knees in front of the mirror. :lol
At least that is what CA probably wants.

I carry a Cold Steel Rajah. It was the largest and toughest folding knife I could find. Here in CA/LA City you are not allowed to carry a fixed blade knife, regardless of length (Concealed or open carry). However, there is no limit on length as long as it folds. Therefore, I carry a menacing folder.
I'm constantly reminded of more reasons to be glad I left Kalifornia.

--Wag--

·
Registered
8,103 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
where the fuck is the "like" button......

the thing about carrying is that you feel so unprepared when you dont carry. i always carry when riding
I was wondering about this; what sidearm and holster do you use? how concealable has it been when riding, or are you stashing it in the tail under the Cowl?

just curious.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts

I keep this in my front jeans pocket in an uncle mikes pocket holster. not exactly set up for the best draw but it's comfortable enough to wear all day long. this is how i always carry this one, i completely forget it's there and it feels no bigger than my cell phone thats in the other pocket.

i always said i want to get a shoulder rig for my glock 33 but i never have. i hate to not be able to take my jacket off.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts