Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a post search here and couldn't find the info I'm looking for. I was wondering if anyone has crossed the color Pearl Glacier White to an automotive code. I found two sources for the color online but both are specialty companies. The kits are expensive for painting an entire bike. I want to buy a quart without paying 180$ for it. My last resort would have an autobody supplier match a custom color from my plastics. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Administrator
13,276 Posts
I did a post search here and couldn't find the info I'm looking for. I was wondering if anyone has crossed the color Pearl Glacier White to an automotive code. I found two sources for the color online but both are specialty companies. The kits are expensive for painting an entire bike. I want to buy a quart without paying 180$ for it. My last resort would have an autobody supplier match a custom color from my plastics. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
I believe your referring to ‘Pearl cool white’ ... paint code 22R

Or ‘Pearl glacier white’ ... paint code YWW

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,583 Posts
I'm currently trying to organize some info on paints. I show YWW as Glacier White, not Pearl Glacier White but some searching indicates that Pearl Glacier White is correct. Dupont Q9370 or R. H. Lacke 68-2569 (no guarantees on either). R. H. Lacke also offers 02-2569 but there's some nuance about 1K/2K that I don't know about. Also this but it sounds like you may have already found them.

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,843 Posts
That's a bit high, but you're still going to be paying $120-150/quart for quality paint. Anything significantly cheaper than that is crappy paint. ESPECIALLY for a pearl.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went to Napa here in Laconia NH and the paint guy is in during the week. the guy on today found the code but said it was a tricolor and didn't know anything about mixing. He took everything down and the paint guy will call me Monday. Should be all set. To answer MacBayne I know paints not cheap but $200 a quart is pricey for what it is.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's a bit high, but you're still going to be paying $120-150/quart for quality paint. Anything significantly cheaper than that is crappy paint. ESPECIALLY for a pearl.
I don't mine those prices but the $200 plus shipping is too high. I'll let you know what I end up paying.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well the Napa guy mixed a sample from a camera match of my fairing but it was way off. He said he could mix the tricolor but it would be around $360 a quart for the system . I did more searching online and found a code that someone said was very close QAB, it;s used on Nissan's. I ordered a quart shipped to me was $115. I'm painting most of the front of the bike so if it isn't a good match I'll have the code to paint the little bit of fairing and tank over the winter. I'll let you know how it goes, doing this over the 3 day weekend.

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
13,376 Posts
Was used on the Million Edition....

Need Colorrite base 1851, top coat 4851, and clear.

Glacier white is basically the pearl white but with blue flake.

·
Administrator
13,276 Posts
Well the Napa guy mixed a sample from a camera match of my fairing but it was way off. He said he could mix the tricolor but it would be around $360 a quart for the system . I did more searching online and found a code that someone said was very close QAB, it;s used on Nissan's. I ordered a quart shipped to me was $115. I'm painting most of the front of the bike so if it isn't a good match I'll have the code to paint the little bit of fairing and tank over the winter. I'll let you know how it goes, doing this over the 3 day weekend.
Wait what , he tried to match colour off a pic on your phone ?!:monkeyface

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
6 Participants
8you4t
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing