Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,539 Posts
Look there will be a lot of skullduggery, willywagging, nonsensical blathering posted here following this, but the truth to the matter is quite simply this. The yellow and black gixxers are the fastest. They handle better, last longer and the chicks dig them more. The basic colour spectrum shows this quite clearly. I will hear absolutely no more about this from the rest of you.

I don't think you can have too many R's after all the special gsxrr was a very sexy bike the rr of course stood for really racy..

Make sure you don't cover up too much of the yellow and black tho cause otherwise the chicks will think it might be one of the slower blue and white ones. Just for reference the blue and white factory racing colours never did any good in the World Supers, it wasn't till they changed to yellow that they started winning races in both superbike and supersport.

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
True, true!! I've bitch-slapped a 750 Ninja (Kawa-green) riding a yellow Suzuki SV650S(!!!) with black windscreen and hugger. Just think what you could do on a yellow/black Gixxer!!!

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
The yellow and black ones are only quickest out of the stock colours. When it comes to custom paint jobs this is not the case. The fastest colour for your bike is to actually use wood grain side fairing. You'll find that this gives you much more of a horse power boost than the standard colour schemes. People and specially spray painters won't actually tell you this because the wood panelling can be put on yourself without having to get the to spray paint it for you. So you not only get much more horsepower but you also save money while doing it.

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
What about carbon-look?? I think that gives the greatest HP gain of all. Also, putting fur on your bike gives you bigger balls...

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
...or maybe if you teflon-coated the whole bike - hmm...

·
Registered
7,539 Posts
No, teflon has a bad effect on cornering, you need the drag to help get a bike thru corners, if its too slippery it will just go straight.. Maybe if you just put a strip down the middle of the bike and leave the sides (corners) teflon free. SVS you have a project to do
You can have a dye pigment put thru the carbon to keep the fast colours while maintaining the cf "look"

btw see what I mean about ppl thinking yellow & black are not the fastest colours overall...

·
Registered
583 Posts
The only way to go with custom bodywork is fur, the short fur is very aerodynamic, as it softens the frontal area of the bike so that the air doesn't hit the bike as hard. The white and black zebra stripes are the fastest furs, and I heard honduh is going with fur on the RC51's next year.
Furring your helmet gives you an additional 5 mph top end because of the improved aerodynamics.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by dan2k1_750:
[QB]The only way to go with custom bodywork is fur, the short fur is very aerodynamic[QB]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I like the fur idea, does real fur work the best, and how often do yoyu have to clean and wash it. We have this stupid rotwiller in our house that would look bitchen on my fuel tank.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Originally posted by gsxrboy:
btw see what I mean about ppl thinking yellow & black are not the fastest colours overall...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That's just because you forgot about the wood panelling. I am sure if had remembered that you wouldn't have said yellow and black.

·
Registered
7,539 Posts
Sigh, no I didn't forget about the wood panelling after all if it works for the Griswalds. Still you can always paint the wood (unless you use wood grain contact) yellow and black, that way you have the best of both worlds. The wood should of course be recycle timber.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Originally posted by gsxrboy:
Sigh, no I didn't forget about the wood panelling after all if it works for the Griswalds. Still you can always paint the wood (unless you use wood grain contact) yellow and black, that way you have the best of both worlds. The wood should of course be recycle timber.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The wood grain contact is actually no better than the blue and white colour scheme. You have to use real wood panelling to get the additional horsepower. You are right in that you can use recycled wood though.

[ 10-17-2002, 05:22 PM: Message edited by: Woodster ]

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Originally posted by ninedeucenine:
fastest color combo is....plaid.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Ooooh - I forgot about plaid! I haven't done any dyno testing between plaid and wood grain coloured bikes though so am not sure how much difference the plaid would make.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Originally posted by dan2k1_750:
[QB]The only way to go with custom bodywork is fur, the short fur is very aerodynamic, as it softens the frontal area of the bike so that the air doesn't hit the bike as hard.
Yes go with the short fur like rabbit fur. Long fur sheds and gets sucked into your airtube and clogs the filter. Rabbit fur is cheap you can get two rabbits for 30 bucks (male and female of course) and in two months you will have enough rabbit fur to cover your whole bike. And best of all, rabbit fur doesn't reflect radar waves. It beats any radar jammer on the market

·
Registered
652 Posts
Ok,ok. I have a yellow/black one. But What if I mix and match color schemes. Like have a red/silver upper. Blue/white lowers, and a yellow and black tail. Along with one white and one black wheel. do you think I could squeeze out extra hp that way?

·
Registered
441 Posts
I prefer domestic Cat. More bounce than a rabbit when you hit them - and they come in more colors!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts