Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the 2 maps for the '05 1K on PowerCommander's website (M325-002 and M325-003). One is for M4 full system and the other for Micron full system, both maps are for stock or aftermarket air filter. I used the 'Map Compare' function of the program and the 2 maps are radically different. I would think they would be close. I am ignorant on fuel mapping, anyone have any ideas why similar setups would have REALLY different fuel maps? Thanks much.....

·
Registered
167 Posts
Well, why don't you call PowerCommander and ask the question? Then, you'll get the right answer from them. They did it. They should be able to answer any questions about FI. They are really helpful people.

·
Registered
334 Posts
The maps are dependant one chamber diameter, can length, straight through can, etc....

Look up info on the exhuasts and see what the differences are....I'm betting can length, diameter of the piping, etc are all different thus the reason why the two maps are so different

·
Registered
242 Posts
Both maps seem rich but the m-4 is really rich I'm curious about what kinda numbers people are getting at 100% throttle from 8500-13000 rpm with a custom map these numbers are just much higher than what I was running with my 03 custom map

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for responses, I have the Yosh TRS slip-on and BMC Race A/F, just wanted to pick the best starting point from those 2 maps. I am doing Infineon tomorrow, I will try both and post my findings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts