Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the pc3 usb on my 04 750, my speedometer and brake light fuse keeps burning out, anyone have any ideas on why this is happening? It is the 10a fuse

I followed all the directions, and its pissing me off

thanks
steve

·
Registered
505 Posts
Where are you drawing power from with your PC3? I've never hooked on up myself, so I don't know how they work. I thought you just plugged into the factory harness for signals, and a few other places, and then wouldn't you hook the PWR up to the battery? If you're drawing power for it from your factory harness then you're adding more draw to the wires, meaning that you would need a larger amp fuse. Try moving up to 15AMP fuses and see if that works.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I'd take out the PC3 and look over all the wires, make sure none of them are down to bare wire. You might have a place that is grounding out besides the battery.

·
Registered
505 Posts
sle, IF it's in fact a short, it'll burn out a 15A fuse quick as shit. I'd say it's safe...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i put a 15 fuse on and it is working fine now, would there be any long term effects to do ing this

·
Registered
505 Posts
Shouldn't be, I'm imagining that the extra draw of the PC3 is pulling too many amps from the factory wiring harness, so there would in fact be a need to use a higher rated fuse.

·
Is Sexually Attracted To The Guys on GDC
21,546 Posts
i put a 15 fuse on and it is working fine now, would there be any long term effects to do ing this
yes, there will be. fuses are rated for a specific reason. If you are blowing it, then it is for a reason. the fuse is for saftey, i would take out the bigger fuse, and trace your problem.

jimmy

·
Registered
505 Posts
yes, there will be. fuses are rated for a specific reason. If you are blowing it, then it is for a reason. the fuse is for saftey, i would take out the bigger fuse, and trace your problem.

jimmy
They are quoted for the equipment being ran off of it. If you add more equipment, then you add more draw, meaning you'd need a bigger fuse... Isn't rocket science...

·
Is Sexually Attracted To The Guys on GDC
21,546 Posts

jimmy
They are quoted for the equipment being ran off of it. If you add more equipment, then you add more draw, meaning you'd need a bigger fuse... Isn't rocket science...
and you obviously know nothing about electronics

1 - 11 of 11 Posts