Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm riding a 98 srad fully stock.i'm thinking of putting a TRE and advancer.after putting these,do i still need the PC?will it really make a big difference?

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
When you say PC I assume that you are talking about a Power Commander? If so is it the PC2? If it is the PC2 then it is worth having... You have to remember that the PC2 will allow you to change your fuel map. In the long run it would be a good idea to keep....

John

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
a PC does nicely even with a stock bike. if you ever put an exhaust, K&N in it then it will be worth it yes..... I say go for it! I love playing around on my laptop with my mapping....

·
Registered
507 Posts
If you are going to put an advancer and a TRE, the PC2 will only improve throttle response a very little bit.
If an exhaust in in the plans later definately get one now.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I'm getting a 2Bro full system, PC II and custom mapping in the spring.

Worth every cent..

[ 12-12-2001: Message edited by: Toe Cutter ]</p>

·
Registered
7,769 Posts
If you get a PC an ignition advancer isn't needed. The PC2 will allow ignition advance.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
When you say pc2 are you saying there was a original pc for the bikes am i correct? Then what difference in it and pc2 besides being better

·
Registered
302 Posts
Unless you are planning to get the bike professionaly mapped by a shop, you wont notice much gains, if any. The maps from the manufactures are not that good at all.

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
You will notice a nice change in the bike with the PCII if you have any work done to it... If the bike it stock it will help to get ride of the rough running of the low end.

They also have a map that works nice for getting ride of the low RPM surging...

Yes there is a very big difference in the PC and the PCII, the PC is not programable and the PCII is...

John

·
Registered
781 Posts
Can PCII smooth out the abrupt power output and drastic enigne braking on F1 gixxers? I like these feature of a GSXR engine as it reminds me of those good old days when I rode little two stroke bikes but such mad rush and stop can be dangerous on frosty roads. Nothing comes closer to the two stroke rush than a GSXR750. They should use them in GP races against two stroke 500s. But on real road this can be difficult to control, can I tame my wayward gixer a bit using PCII?

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Had a look through Power Commander's site and their details for the Gixxer 6 only cover year 2000+ models.

Is a PCII what I'd need for my '98 Gix 600? Just wanted to be sure given the lack of fuel injection.

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
Originally posted by Brolo:
Had a look through Power Commander's site and their details for the Gixxer 6 only cover year 2000+ models.

Is a PCII what I'd need for my '98 Gix 600? Just wanted to be sure given the lack of fuel injection.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The PCII is for FI (fuel injected) bikes, so no...it won't work on your bike..And I belive the 600 didn't have FI till 2001..

[ 09-19-2002, 06:16 PM: Message edited by: Hammer 4 ]

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Thanks Hammer.
So what options are available to me for smoothing out my acceleration and upping the power?
-no power commander?
-no tre mod?
-no pair mod?

What else is there? Just slip-on & jet kit?

[ 09-20-2002, 11:54 AM: Message edited by: Brolo ]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts