Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i just got my pc-v and autotune from fuelmoto for my gsxr1000k7 and just wanted to know which way is best to wire up to tune each gear? :dunno

·
Registered
283 Posts
To do individual gear mapping you must hook up the speed input (3rd from the end). Go to the PINK wire of the speed sensor. Put the bike on a rear stand and calibrate the speed to about 40mph. Then calibrate gear position. This is in the instructions. Now go to Power Commander Tools - Advance/Demote map. Advance the fuel tables for each gear. Go to the treeview on the left of the software and input a AFR value for each gear. If you have any other questions let us know.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
for the 07 1000? I thought the pcv was only going to be released for the 09 and newer. I wish they made it for the 05-06. :hammer

·
Registered
52 Posts
^^^ I secon this. Another member on here has it on his '08 or '07? and the dynojet wesite lists them for '09 models only. Is it custom modifyed to fit the 07-08? And how much for the whole set up from fuelmoto??

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
I have it on my 08. DynoJet was very kind and set one to me to test before they became avabile to the public.

If you already have a custom map then I would hook it up per gear right away. If you don't have a custom map then I would not hook it up per gear right away. It will make changes faster if it is just trying to make one map, and not 6 different maps.

Most important thing to remember with the auto tune is that it does not work overnight. It works very well indeed, and does exactly what it is meant to, but it takes time. If you expect instant results you will be disapointed.

I have had mine for a few months now and my bike runs amazingly well. It is crisper and cleaner, and quite honestly is doing wheelies it was not doing before. I am very happy with my results to say the least.

When i first got mine I hooked it up per gear right away. If I had to do it over again i would not have done this, I would have just had the auto tune making one single map. I would ride it around like that till most all the cells are populated, then i would set up the per gear feature.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts