Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a second Hand GSXR1000 k0 about a year ago, shes only got 12000km's on, its got a pc v with auto tuner and quick shifter fitted, the qs was "disable" via the software. I reconnected this only to find that at high speed hi rpm the Fi light would come on, bike still performs well but there is a hesitation just as you open the throttle or slow riding in traffic, decided to connect it up to the Suzuki diagnostic software and I get a message "ignition coil 1,2,3,4 faulty!!, then clear the DTC turn the ignition off and back on Fi light gone!, until you ride it hard again. contacted our powercommander importer to report the problem, he says yes all Suzuki's have this problem as the ignition coils push out a higher voltage at high rpm, so with the Pcv fitted it interrupts the spark telling the cdi there is a coil fault illuminating the Fi light. possible fix?? NONE!! either remove the PC or live with it!, any one els have the same issue or is there a remedy to this dilemma??:banghead

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
there isnt a problem with the gsxr the qs kill time is to long you must set the kill time less than .60 seconds normaly it works well in the .5 range.

jason

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
kill was set to 60sec have now changed it to 40!, really hope this works!, will check on the way home tonight after work!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok so after resetting the kill time, tested on the way home yesterday and NO luck still the same!, ride the bike hard and the FI light illuminates!!, now what? set the kill time even lower like maybe 25 or 30??

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yip!, just off throttle there is a delay, very irritating in traffic, will just have to keep on trying I guess!

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
check to make sure the rev extend and is disabled in the configuration screen i had a problem with that before and spent several hours to find - and also make sure the firmware is updated

jason

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey dude I need layman's terms here, my hamster is currently not running on its wheel!, nearly home time!, I did a firmware update yesterday with the first attempt!!

·
Premium Member
1,993 Posts
hey dude I need layman's terms here, my hamster is currently not running on its wheel!, nearly home time!, I did a firmware update yesterday with the first attempt!!
:lol

·
I dont love OG's cack anymore
1,590 Posts
I had problems big time with a fresh PC-V and autotune since the firmware was out of date. Do an update - You could also have a bad PC-V I would email or call powercommander directly if you have any problems!

An update may update the coil drivers to prevent your current problem

·
Banned
14,060 Posts
The latest firmware for the PCV is

V1.10.5 with a date of 07/31/2013

You may want to check to see if you are up to date.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had the exact same problem,in any gear getting near the redline, i would get a FI light for an injector fault, sometimes just 1 injector, sometimes all 4.

Dynojet UK also said its a problem with Suzukis injectors being "Too Sensitive" which is complete bollocks as i had six months of trouble free riding with it installed and it never threw a fault, just started doing it oneday for no reason.

Never did find a fix for it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts