Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone

I am not a noob to riding, but my friend and I just purchased two bikes a 2005 red and black gsxr-600 and a 2005 yzf-r6, and I was wondering if the gixxer was supposed to come with the passenger seat? It shows a picture in the manual where the passenger seat is on, but I cannot find anything on the net or in here about it. I know that I should have called the dealer but I figured I would give this forum a try, plus I really didn't think about it till now and its way past the dealers closing time. I have had passengers in the past, and I know how the ladies like to ride sportbikes
(I don't mean to offend any women reading this). Your input will be helpful.

P.S. any riders from around Lima, Ohio? There is not many guys I know around here that ride very often, and I was hoping to get a group together and take a few rides this summer.

·
Registered
170 Posts
When I bought mine, they gave it to me with the seat only. Before I called about the cowl seat and the guy told me to go pick it up, so I'm pretty sure it comes with both cover and seat.

·
Registered
489 Posts
yeah man, the gixxer should come with a passenger seat and seat cowl. if you didnt get both, contact your dealer and let them know. that is a suzuki deal, not a dealer thing. it was probably left out by mistake, but if they hassle you, then contact suzuki. as far as lima ohio riders, cant help ya there bro. good luck

·
Registered
297 Posts
yeah man, the gixxer should come with a passenger seat and seat cowl. if you didnt get both, contact your dealer and let them know. that is a suzuki deal, not a dealer thing. it was probably left out by mistake, but if they hassle you, then contact suzuki.
+1

·
Registered
337 Posts
this was in a post earlier last week or so, and it was unanimous that you should get both!!!

I saw gixxers comming off the truck when I picked up mine, and they were shipped from Suzuki with the seat on, and the cowl in a box strapped to the passenger seat of each bike.

So if they didnt give it to you its the dealer not suzuki! I bet they put on the cowl for the look on the showroom floor and misplaced the seat when they sold it to you, or the salesmen just plain didnt know to go get the seat out of the back for you!!

So call that stealership and get "all" of what you paid for!!! And dont let them tell you different!!!

·
Registered
489 Posts
by the way dude. if you run into issues with your stealership, i have an extra passenger seat i can sell ya really cheap, so dont worry.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its easier to afford a bike when your car is payed off, low rent, and you have good luck finding a job, my buddy and I work at the same place. We don't live like kings, but we do have our essentials: beer, xbox, internet, of course our new found loves
, and soon to be plenty of girls...hehe

I have been waiting for a new bike ever since I got my license. I started out on a little yamaha pw50 when I was about 5, and then worked up to honda xr 80r till i was 13 or so, and then we got a xr250r, and a couple years ago some guy gave my dad an 86 Honda 550 Supersport because the front mastercylinder was froze up. I took it apart, polished it up and put it all back together and voila!
free bike ($200 after tires and powdercoated rims-they were pretty rusty). So I have been riding that till now
I think ive earned it.

·
Registered
489 Posts
let us know how it goes, keep us informed.

·
Cock Thumb, or Thumb Cock? You decide.
31,593 Posts
Mine came with both as well....I would listen to everyone and call the dealer asking about it.
ask?? fuck that demand that shit, you paid for it and it is yours. if not file a complaint with suzuki about them
stealerships

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey its all cool, the dealer just forgot about it
Now im happy. Thanks for all the info.

P.S. I had a typo in my last post about my honda 550 supersport, its a 1976, not a 1986.

·
Registered
489 Posts
they are not worth too much on the secondary market, so i can believe its an honest mistake.

·
Registered
236 Posts
P.S. any riders from around Lima, Ohio? There is not many guys I know around here that ride very often, and I was hoping to get a group together and take a few rides this summer.
I'm from Dayton. Let me know if you plan on riding around here anytime soon. I'd be down for joining some kind of street club.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.