Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took of my rear seat to put my things in it i would need for work.I started the bike to let it warm up,and after running a little late I ran out of the house and forgot that i did not secure my passenger seat and took off.40 minutes later i get at work,get off of my bike and see that i did not have my passenger seat-WTF-:hammer .Has this happened to any of you,and where can i get a new one at a good price?.

·
Registered
267 Posts
It almost happened to me once. I usually tug at the rear seat or cowl as I start to leave my block just to be sure...

·
Banned
14,060 Posts
I setup mine so it would not lock into place.Sometime last week took the girl for a ride and the seat flew off with her on it.I have not heard from here since and things are much better now.

·
Registered
587 Posts
rraiderr said:
I setup mine so it would not lock into place.Sometime last week took the girl for a ride and the seat flew off with her on it.I have not heard from here since and things are much better now.
How did you rig the seat, please tell:lol

·
Registered
301 Posts
ive came close to loosing mine, while i was ridding i felt something loose behind me i stuck one had behind me and felt it moving around lol, i ended up grabbing it slowing down and took my fist and hit it really hard and it locked in place. The rear seat's are about $150 bucks new, good luck.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Yeah, I've noticed that the second seat and seat cowl are tough to lock in-I've never had that problem with any of my other bikes before; And I thought my 03 CBR 600RR didn't have any compartment space- I'm surprised that the OEM tool kit fits in my 1000. Any ideas how to make the seat/cowl fit without having to "hammer" down on them?

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
I will sell you mine. I have an '03 and the seat is still in the plastic bag. No one rides except me.

·
Registered
377 Posts
It happened to me too!!!

Then two weeks later after ordering a new seat from suzuki, I went home and realized I also lost my wife. Luckily they always have them in stock.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys for your help,and Bosh,i'm waiting to hear from you.Icy cold what do you mean "you lost your wife".

·
Registered
431 Posts
Would an '05 GIXXER 1K seat fit an '03? Just curious...Sometimes parts like this are not changed to save money. If it will fit, I'll sell you mine for the price of the shipping.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
11 Participants
2THRU
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing