Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey girls,

I've been attempting to remove my rear passenger pegs and can't get the bolts loosened for the life of me. Anyone else have this issue ? Put an Allen head wrench on them and was putting so much push behind it my front wheel was coming off the ground and still.... nothing. Didn't move at all.
Any suggestions? I couldn't find a specific thread in reference to this on any of the forums.

Thanks ladies !

·
Ex-Lady Supermod
16,100 Posts

·
Both Handsome AND Pretty!
19,104 Posts
If you don't already have allen sockets, I would get a set, it makes it so much easier. It also is much less likely to strip out your bolts.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Allen wrench with a three pounder to shock it. You may want to apply never seiZe of you put them back on so that doesnt happen again. If u heat them make sure u let em cool for about 30 seconds so you dont strip the thing

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
say my name bish
2,680 Posts
iirc it takes a 6mm allen/hex socket. then use a 1/2" breaker bar for leverage. a little muscle and it will breal loose. they put loctite on them from the factory. and they are a bish to remove. g/l.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys/gals. 6mm socket and 1/2 inch drive socket with a breaker bar did the trick, got them removed this morning :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts