Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sometimes i see people with an extra helmet hanging like off the side of their bike...how do they do that? and when i see parked bikes...i see that they leave their helmet in the same spot...cant it be stolen? or is there a way you lock it up?

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
sometimes i see people with an extra helmet hanging like off the side of their bike...how do they do that? and when i see parked bikes...i see that they leave their helmet in the same spot...cant it be stolen? or is there a way you lock it up?
Ummm don't take offense, but have you never removed your seat???? Under the seat are two hooks, one on either side to hang a helmet... Once it's on, and the seat is latched (which of course needs the key to release) nobody is gonna "steal" your lid... Well, unless they want it REAL bad...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh wow...i see! i just went out and looked at it...never realized thats what it was for. so its fairly "safe" to leave my helmet like that if i go in the store or something? is that what most you guys do?

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
oh wow...i see! i just went out and looked at it...never realized thats what it was for. so its fairly "safe" to leave my helmet like that if i go in the store or something? is that what most you guys do?
No problem... Yeah, actually around here I usually just toss it on the mirror... If I'm somewhere a little more "seedier" I usually lock it under the seat... Never lost one yet...

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I never lost one either, but I have a buddy who had his lid on the helmet straps under the seat, and some asshole cut the strap off his helmet. Can you belive that!! If they want it bad enough they'll do what ever it takes. I just don't see the sense in that, the helmet is no good now.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Some people will steal a fresh steaming pile of dog doo if they are tempted to.
Never underestimate the audacity of the common criminal.

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
I never lost one either, but I have a buddy who had his lid on the helmet straps under the seat, and some asshole cut the strap off his helmet.
Yeah, it prevents some theft but isn't really too hard to steal. A new strap is just a couple of dollars - and if it's a 500$ helmet...

And don't ride with it there - it's a sure way to fuck both your helmet and real plastics up... If you need to bring a second helmet, get an elastic cargo net with hooks (available at any motorcycle store for like 10$), take off the seat and wrap the net around the helmet at seat, connecting the hooks under the seat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts