Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys... Where do you buy parts? My local Dealer is either very expensive or is out of stock.. Here is a short list of parts I need for my 91 1100. I need the exhaust gaskets ASAP. My dealer says 6 weeks to order... I bet someone has these instock..

Reserve Knob for Petcock
Left side mirror
Switch covers.
Levers.
exhaust gaskets and bolts.

Thanks!

CT

·
Registered
316 Posts
You can get the allen exhaust bolts at your local hardware store (Sears Hardware is where I got mine). Just take one old one with you to match length and thread pitch. If you need holes thru the heads for the springs just drill em out.
-Dave

·
Registered
139 Posts
Try Chaparral or competition accessories, They both have oem parts sales, and their quite a bit lower than local shops. Also take a look in the back of Sport Rider or Motorcyclist. They also list oem part stores.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
For OEM stuff, I always use Ron Ayers... they don't list stuff for our bikes on the site, but call Chip and tell `im what ya need, if it's still available, they'll be happy to get it to you. I have *yet* to find a less-expensive source for OEM Suzuki parts even after I add in the shipping charges. For other stuff and aftermarket, good luck... it's sorta catch-as-catch-can with a bike that's old... there *is* stuff on eBay all the time, but you really hafta know which year/model bikes had interchangeable bits. Good luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts