Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people .. I took my fairings in to get walnut blasted .. well lets just say that the guy broke one of the fairings... the upperfairing .. you know the headlight cowl .. he broke the arm off that holds the mirror on .. he was nice enough to give me my money back but now i need to buy the upper fairing. If anyone has one to fit a 1985-87 750 please let me know .. I really need it .. Thanks peeps

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
I think I'd be stomping on someone's soft-parts til *they* bought me a new fairing... dunno what your arrangement/situation is with the guy, but DAMN... break my shit, buy me new shit... "money-back" ain't good enough in my book...

·
Super Moderator
17,408 Posts
Giddy up Cat...
Hey, where can I ge emulsion tubes & needle valves??

Dynojet ain't got 'em & Bike Bandit wants crazy money..

·
Premium Member
4,513 Posts
Fastcat is right.If a person you paid to do work did damage he should replace the part.You gave him the parts in good shape and they should have came back to you in better shape cause of the paint job.I think I you should have a talk with this person.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Originally posted by rimmer:
Hello people .. I took my fairings in to get walnut blasted .. well lets just say that the guy broke one of the fairings... the upperfairing .. you know the headlight cowl .. he broke the arm off that holds the mirror on .. he was nice enough to give me my money back but now i need to buy the upper fairing. If anyone has one to fit a 1985-87 750 please let me know .. I really need it .. Thanks peeps
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">If you got the piece that broke off can't you repair it? ABS glue from your local hardware store works well, or you can try this place: http://www.urethanesupply.com/.

By the way, your web site is pop-up hell; I find all of the pop-up ads to be annoying.

Yancy

·
Registered
622 Posts
How much did you pay/get back for the blasting??
If your going to pay more for the upper, I'd drive my truck though his front door and make him eat it!!!!

·
3,482 Posts
If it broke off clean and especially in one peice, a plastic weld would be a pretty easy fix since its not painted. Make sure you get, or keep the broken pieces! Good luck

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
actually it was broken when I had taken it in but there was so much clear on the broken piece aswell I had him blast it .. well let say it was the right arm that holds the mirror on .. and well lets just say he lost it .. he is giving me back 250 so I am going to get one from airtec... and that should solve my problems.. the only thing I don't like is that you have to drill it out yourself for the windscreen and to mount to the other fairings.. but all is well

·
Premium Member
4,513 Posts
Listen to some smart advice I got from Simon call Beasley Fiberglass 1-800 745 5886.They gave me a price of $125.00 for an upperand the shipping times seemed great.

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
Problem with airtech pieces are they are very britle compared to stock pieces since that are fiberglass insead of plastic resin. I run airtech upper and mids on the red bike in my sig below, they are not very forgiving if you catch something on them, say like a towel when waxing it, i have cracked them before, and have a lot of stress cracks from the 160+mph runs they take weekly. Stock is better for a street bike, airtech is lighter for a racebike, if i was building a street bike i would get stockers if they can be had reasonable. My airtech pieces took a lot of work to look mint when painted also. The one piece body tail on the red bike was made by custom FRP, that piece was MINT compared to airtech, i can't figure out how they went out of business with there quality?????? maybe airtech has changed there methods of construction since i did the body on the red bike????

1 - 12 of 12 Posts