Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't remember the first-gen petcocks... on the `89 it's just a phillips-head screw down inside that holds it on... no need to disassemble anything at all. Just be sure to remove the thing before you pull the tank off (which is prolly how the first one got broken).

·
Registered
461 Posts
I had to replace the whole petcock when I wanted to replace that same part.
get an aftermarket petcock, they are apparently cheaper and better(I did not know this, and bought stock, but have since lost my little key part during the motor swap
)

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
DOes anyone have the partnumber for the "key" for the stock petcock on an 86 750? The key was broken off when I got the bike, and I've kinda just forgot about it, but I would like to replace it. I tried to look up the part number on bikebandit, but thats the ONLY part of the petcock that ddoesn't have a part number listed. This shouldn't be a problem to replace just the Key right? I shouldn't have to take the whole thing apart either should I? (I haven't looked at it because its in storage at my parents' house). Please let me know. Thanks for the help.

-MrSlappyPants

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
MrSlappyPants
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing