Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Not much help here, I'm always in leathers no matter how hot it is, no matter how short or long the ride. I'd rather sweat than bleed...

·
PM me for Brotection
57,513 Posts
The gf uses my Fieldsheer mesh pants for hot days and commuting. They're a bit long on her, but fit well enough and zip to her mesh jacket. They breathe pretty well and afford some protection. I understand the whole leather vs. mesh/textile debate, and my mind is still made up. Leather is best, but I've seen mesh/textile gear do it's job. Yeah it was a writeoff where leather may have been serviceable still, but it did protect the wearer from major damage.

They looks something like these.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I use the men's version of these and absolutely love them. They say they are more mild to cold weather but I have worn them in 100 degree weather and had no problem with them except when sitting still...which is a sacrifice you will always make for protection no matter what you wear. The other nice thing is I have taken these to the mountains and ridden in sub 40's and been warm with all the layers attached. The pics on this website do not show them with all the layers off. I can send some pics of mine if your interested in these.

http://www.newenough.com/protective_apparel/convertible_textile_mesh_jackets_and_pants/tour_master/ladies_flex_textile_mesh_pants.html

·
Banned
181 Posts
Alpinestar Air-Flo pants are amazing

·
PM me for Brotection
57,513 Posts
I saw a :squid on a CBR1000 yesterday with his girl in tow. They were going the other way so I didn't get a real good look, but I could tell that she was wearing just a bikini and flip flops :wait

·
Registered
13 Posts
No matter how hot it is or how short the trip is.... leather is the best. THat is why they make vented. I have Teknic. Very "breezy" If anything would ever happen to her you would never forgive yourself. Good luck, Be safe.

·
Registered
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ended up getting her the Scorpion Savannah pants and the Nip Tuck jacket. Very nice stuff and awesome woman specific fit.....

...but if anyone knows of some very well vented leather stuff for girls I will certainly listen.

What Tecknic stuff are you using asphaltgirl ?

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Ended up getting her the Scorpion Savannah pants and the Nip Tuck jacket. Very nice stuff and awesome woman specific fit.....

...but if anyone knows of some very well vented leather stuff for girls I will certainly listen.

What Tecknic stuff are you using asphaltgirl ?
Scorpion makes the Haley pants- same as Savannah but perf leather. There's a matching-ish jacket too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
well to be honest, i wear a man's IXON - pants .. they style is ROLLER
it's not leather .. and very nice and cool .. now they do carry women as well
take a look at the website

http://www.ixon.com/www/Version1.0/index.php?ID=2.1.0.0

http://www.ixon.com/www/Version1.0/photos.php?produit=ROLLER&image=E4513H.jpg&P=0.9
For the pants it says that they are Adjustable to 3 different leg lengths, 2 levels of pockets for knee armour.

How do they adjust do you take pieces off? do they fold up?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts