Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any benifits on pluging off the Pair valve.One post says that it helps the engine from backfiring.Does it help performance?

·
Premium Member
1,391 Posts
No but the PAIR sucker MOD will give you a few ponies!!

·
Registered
548 Posts
You only get backfiring if you change the exhaust. Then you need to plug the pair valve. Otherwise leave it alone.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a 05 Busa with Akropovic bolt ons,Power Comander and TRE switch.Can't really notice any backfiring when riding.Can you just plug the PAIR valve tube that runs to the air box?

·
Registered
346 Posts
I have a 05 Busa with Akropovic bolt ons,Power Comander and TRE switch.Can't really notice any backfiring when riding.Can you just plug the PAIR valve tube that runs to the air box?
Yes, but I would diconnect the wiring to the valve.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Yes, but I would diconnect the wiring to the valve.
There is no wires on the pair valve. Yes you can just put a marbel in the pair valve line and it's fine. with a slip on most bikes don't backfire...with a full system you run a greater chance of backfires. Pair valve is just for emissions and nothing else...pulls fresh air from the air box and sends it to the headers. As far as just a pair valve block off you don't get any extra HP from it, you just loose some dead weight from the pair valve monstorsity, which does equal to HP but you wont see anything on a dyno.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts