Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I got the Two Brothers slip-on, and I got the PCIII. Sweet
I must say ....
But, I still have a bit of a backfire issue, and I hear the Pair Valve is to blame. Any views on removing this for the street? Does it void warranty or inspections? Any good links to buy a removal kit? I have a K5.

·
Registered
144 Posts
OK, I got the Two Brothers slip-on, and I got the PCIII. Sweet
I must say ....
But, I still have a bit of a backfire issue, and I hear the Pair Valve is to blame. Any views on removing this for the street? Does it void warranty or inspections? Any good links to buy a removal kit? I have a K5.

Did you have it custom map or dyno??

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, the revised map works well. I don't get a ton of backfiring, just a little. Mainly in second or first if I let off too fast. A custom map is like $300! I guess I can get it done if I have too ... PowerCommander will prob come out with a map sometime this year that may be OK. I find I need to richen up the idle to make it smoother with the slipon. But thats prob just me. The bike seems to lobe a little at idle. I'm pretty sure it did it with the stock pipe, but the loud pipe makes me hear it more. If I richen it up, it makes it quieter. I think they all do this?

·
Registered
919 Posts
for idle issues, just raise the idle a hundred rpm or so - look in service manual for instructions

definitely get a custom map done ($300 is a little much, but yeah some cost about that much)

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If i see it right, all I'd have to do to disable the Pair Valve (if there is any advantage to disabling it) is to disconnect the tube from the air breather and put a bolt into it to block it off. Block off the air box with a little duct tape. When the valve tries to open to pump air into the exhaust it wouldn't get any. I see sites that sell block off plates, but why not just use a bolt? Simple and cheap. There must be something wrong with that plan ...

Is there not an advantage to getting rid of it? If not, I'll just get a custom map and forget about it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.