Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious what kind of results your getting from the pair mod. Is it best to get the blockoff plates or just plug the hoses? Do you loose drivibility down low, or do you really notice it not being there. My new Yoshi comes real close to this thing up front and I'm a little afraid I'm going to melt something.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I believe you can run the crankcase breather into the pair valves and gain a bit of horsepower.try doing a search and see if you can find the way to do it.

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
last week i got the intuitive block-off plates and jus removed the fugger. I did, however, havta almost remove (loosen all the way) header no.3 & 4 to get that damn assembly out!!!! if u do it , jus give in initally and loosen those headers enuf to give u more room to move the assembly. that took me longer than anything else!!

as far as driveability, my bike feels even better withou it!! it may be psychosomatic (inya head), but it works for me...... now running the crankcase line into them is a good idea, but since you are running that hose to a lower point on the bike (gravity kills), you stand a much greater chance of pullin oil down and 5thru that system...jus not worth it to me..........

it works fine jus venting the crancase breather line....

·
Registered
168 Posts
john helped me out to get the the whole thing out and we didnt need to take or loosen the headers. Just when U take the actual valve off between the headers take the bolts off from the valve and the bracket that its connected too and itll wiggle out.

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
thats exactly what you do to leave the headers alone!!.....my prob was that i got one of the bolts holding the bracket loose, then off.......but i couldnt break the other one loose at all..... sure wasnt from lack of trying!!

scott

·
Registered
428 Posts
doesnt really give much hp, but if your bike pops on deceleration-this will clear it up...it did for me---plus you lose a couple of lbs off the front of the bike

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Originally posted by jojo750:
doesnt really give much hp, but if your bike pops on deceleration-this will clear it up...it did for me---plus you lose a couple of lbs off the front of the bike
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">It also helps to smooth out the off-to-on surge that a lot of us get... It was well worth the 23 bucks it cost me to get the plates...

John

·
Registered
321 Posts
Are you guys talking about the stupid looking little tubes above the exhaust ports? My headers have melted the hoses a couple of times. I would love to get rid of those things. Where do you get the plates from?

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Well your header should not be melting the tubes... But you can get the plates from anyone that can order from Parts Unlimited...

John

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the input all!! This weekend that hunk of metal comes off the front of mine. Anyone just leave the venting alone or is a strong recomdation to vet into a K&N. I'm a little afraid of oil getting on the back tire?? Sucks for that to happen at the track. Thanks all!!

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
I put a filter on the top of the stock hose that used to go into the air box... I then route it to the right hand side of the air box just under the green plug.

John

1 - 11 of 11 Posts