Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to know for anyone who has done the PAIR modification is the way to keep the FI light from coming on once the PAIR valve is disconnected and completely removed?

Also, there are (2) small rubber hoses that go to each throttle body. What are they for? This is California bike and one of them goes to a T junction that goes to the (vapor?) can in the left side of the tail section?

On my CBR600rr there were similiar hoses going to the throttle bodies that were for emissions purposes. The only difference is that on the Honda there was only
(1) small rubber hose per throttle body. The Gixxer has (2).

Thanks. ;)

·
Registered
244 Posts
If you are talking about the set valve I think its the black #30 wire on the ECU you need to cut in order to prevent the FI light from coming on, but dont cut it yet wait for someone to confirm

·
Registered
141 Posts
If your bike came new with the FI light sticking on, it's probably your SET valve in the exhaust causing the light to trip, not PAIR.

The PAIR is (from the Service Manual):
EXHAUST EMISSION CONTROL SYSTEM (PAIR SYSTEM)
The exhaust emission control system is composed of the PAIR system, exhaust control system and
three-way catalyst system. The fresh air is drawn into the exhaust port through the PAIR control solenoid
valve and PAIR reed valve. The PAIR control solenoid valve is operated by the ECM, and the fresh air flow
is controlled according to the TPS, ECTS, IATS, IAPS and CKPS. The exhaust gas flow is performed by the
exhaust control valve actuator which is controlled by the ECM by changing the exhaust control valve angle.

From the PAIR solenoid valve it looks like there are three hoses going into the valve cover area (not the airbox).

Again, this is not the likely cause of your FI light coming on and if it is, I wouldn't remove anything. Looks pretty hairy in the service manual.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. The SET is different than the PAIR valve. The #30 pin is already disconnected. My understanding is the PAIR modification is more for racing purposes with a little ever so slight increase in HP per another thread in this forum.

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99378&highlight=PAIR+valve

It's not a big deal I just did it per a friends recommendation. As it sits now the hoses (from the PAIR valve) that go to the top of the engine are plugged and the valve remains on the bike with the electrical connector connected (so not to trip the FI light).

I'm also really curious to know what the hose to the throttle bodies are for and do.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ahh, excellent. Thanks again Cestode! You rock! I'll look for the White with Green stripe. If you get a chance to confirm pin # I'd appreciate it.

Is there a schematic showing for the K6 750 showing all the different hoses and systems that these bikes have so I can figure some of this stuff out on my own?

Still trying to figure out what the small black rubber hoses that go to the throttle bodies are for and do... I know one (total of 4) goes to the vapor can in the tail.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.