Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be painting my '90 Gixxer 750 next weekend. I have access to a paintbooth, and I used to paint for a living, so I'm set. Anyways, I'm thinking about just going all gloss black on the plastic, and I was thinking about actually blacking out my frame, using a flat black, because polishing this thing seems like it would be a bitch and I'd prefer a low maintenence finish.
Then since I also have a signshop, I was thinking about a 6 inch or so "R" in chrome on the side plastics with gsxr under the R... possibly something in very small lettering to match that says "too fast to live too young to die" or something along those lines.
What do you guys think? Any pics of all black oldschools?
Anyone ever black out their frame?
Oh I did have one q: will a front fairing off a '92 attach to '90 side plastics?

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
should fit the fairings my 750 has 1100 body kit I got chrome Rgsx decals too. they look awesome glossy black always looks great next to chromey anything. I was thinking of anodized or polished blueing look.
I saw a chrome pistol that has been blued over it it looked sweet it was a single action 1911. S.F. went at the gun show for 4000 bucks and thought it would look sweet on some rims or frame

·
Registered
113 Posts
Maybe do the frame in a translucent powder coat color. I do powder coating and latley that is the hot trend. The candy chrome colors as people call it. I love the look, its always got a wet freshly painted look and has no maintenance. I seem to do more of that , then I do chrome plating lately. Here is a picture of my last customer bike , a vmax, we did the side covers , bar risers, headlight mounts and a few other parts in a blue color. I think its nice to see bikes with colors on them , polished look is nice, but I like the accents with color. It seems everyone has a polished or chrome bike. But the flat black look would be different too, and since your a painter by trade, it would be cheaper to do it in paint , then powder.

My 2 cents.....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Get yourself a free trial of photoshop *wink wink* and cut up a bunch of layers for the fairings and frame and play with it. I made these fairly easily. the hardest part was cutting up each individual thing.
http://home.comcast.net/~buddist7/stuff/paint/
I ended up going with red and black with white wheels
http://home.comcast.net/~buddist7/paint.jpg
But to be honest after a ton of searching for paint schemes on the net, I think the best would of been flat or glossy black. I only realized that when me and my friend were taping up the line for the tail and the lowers and tail were all black

·
Premium Member
3,306 Posts
I was going for the rising sun look. It was fun parking it down on Alki on taco night in the middle of a hundred Hardleys! Troy341

·
Registered
113 Posts
I like it , very different. Good idea. I can only imagine what those guys thought when you parked it there. Must have had plenty of comments between looking for lost vibrated loose bolts and trying not to slip in thier dripping harley oil.

LOL

·
Premium Member
3,306 Posts
Sorry, I forgot. Thanks a lot. One night one of the rat harleys was leaking so much oil that it had actually run down under the rear tire. He noticed and revs the crap out of his bike, BWAAAAAAHHHHHHH, and dumps the clutch to spin the tire in the oil. The POS leaps forward bucking, BWAH, BWAH, BWAH, but won't spin the tire in it's own oil. It was so funny. Troy341

1 - 9 of 9 Posts