Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine does some bad ass drawings and paintings. He paints skate boards and posters and sh*t like that for bands but only by hand using acrylic paint. I was thinking about getting him to paint a helmet for me. Does anyone know what paint he would have to use or what process we would have to go through in order to paint a helmet? Meaning, would we have to sand the helmet and do things like that? (obviously I think air brushing would be ideal but he doesn't have the means to do that.) If anyone could get back to me on what steps I would need to take and what tools would be needed it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
9,217 Posts
i had one of my lowsided helmets repainted and i can tell you one thing make sure he uses a few coats of clearcoat to protect it from rock chips and road debree if you want it to last.. i had a few coats and it was like new everytime i cleaned it and saw the nicks from small rocks but never any chips

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.