Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out to do some maintenance on my bike yesterday, and when I uncovered it, there were three cracks across the upper fairing... two small ones at the base of the right hand mirror, and one HUGE one from the side of the fairing in about 6 inches or so. So I inned to fix this, and I need to know where I can get the exact color to repair this '86 red gsxr... anyone got any ideas? I went to my local autoparts store, and they had something close, but I tested it under one of my farings and when it dries its a shade darker (I can notice it.. don't know if anyone else would, but me knowing its there is enough). So anyone know where I can get an EXACT match? Thanks
MrSlappyPants

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Contact Suzuki Japan...or go through someone that deals with Suzuki Japan as they still sell that trash. Try Parts Depot @ 1-800-245-3101.

[ 08-01-2002, 03:50 PM: Message edited by: DevilDog ]

·
Registered
144 Posts
hey slappy, whale has a good point, but, you can contact color rite at 1-800-736-7980 or, www.color-rite.com/ and ask them about PEARL TWINKLE RED, SUZ PART # 99000-10209-22P (
)

at least taht is what my 86 11 shows and they should be the same color red. GOOD LUCK!!

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
Any Paint Shop should be able to match up your paint. Its the same as repairing a older cars paint.
Bones

·
Banned
982 Posts
Originally posted by Bones_GSXR:
Any Paint Shop should be able to match up your paint. Its the same as repairing a older cars paint.
Bones
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">So You Think!!!!!!!!?

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
A lot of car shops have problems matching paint because most motorcycle colors are tri-coats. Where cars are mostly just 2 coats.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts