Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Paint stripper

576 views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Joe333x 
#1 ·
I used some model tint paint to tinit my hot bodies flush mounts but because of the indented lines in them the paint came out a little blochy in some parts because I put to heavy of a coat on and I want to try it again with light coats but I'm not to shure if I can get all the paint off with out any sanding. Does anyone know of a good paint stripper that will get all of the paint off ?

#9 ·
markbsae said:
You could try acetone or finger nail polish remover (basically acetone that smells funny) and give it a go.

What did you paint them for to begin with?
So I tried the nail polish remover and it worked but now the plastic seems to have a cloudy resado on it and I'm not shure how to get it off. Any ideas ?

#11 ·
Its wierd if the lens is wet it looks clear but then when it dries it couldy again, i tired the tooth paste and it didnt help much I'v tried more acetone and it is only clear while the acetone is on thier. I guess I'll try the plastic polish. Is it possible the acetone did something to the plastic ? I know acetone can melt some plastics but it definatly didnt melt it this is really pissing me off.:cursing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.