Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey did you get the rims yet? if so, how do you like? i ve had some folks email me and i guess ups has been running WAY behind. talk to you soon.
jason

·
Registered
978 Posts
ya they are sweet

got them on tuesday the 10th did you ever sell them forks that fit them
if not how much?
still trying to figer out the year thoe but no big deal i will get them to fit no matter what

thanks for the killer deal

JIMMY

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
glad you like em. they look sweet in the sun. the flake in the silver is awesome. the forks were the first thing to go. send me some pics when you finish up. talk to you soon.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Originally posted by GSXR1255JIMMY:
ya they are sweet

if not how much?
still trying to figer out the year thoe but no big deal i will get them to fit no matter what

JIMMY
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You are lucky jimmy, the 87 had a 17mm axle, and you can get a 17/47 bearing. the only thing you need to do other than that is redrill the 87 rotors to fit the new wheel(or get newer rotors).

·
Registered
978 Posts
Originally posted by karl_1052:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by GSXR1255JIMMY:
ya they are sweet

if not how much?

JIMMY
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You are lucky jimmy, the 87 had a 17mm axle, and you can get a 17/47 bearing. the only thing you need to do other than that is redrill the 87 rotors to fit the new wheel(or get newer rotors).</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
the bearings you are talking about the rear right??
and the roaters the front drill new holes and the rear i think i need my rear off the 87 right?
and thoes tires thoes are fucking BAD ASSSSSSSS!!!
THANKS AGAIN oldscool86 hope every thing goes well with the problem you know
jimmy

·
Registered
461 Posts
the bearings you are talking about the rear right??
and the roaters the front drill new holes and the rear i think i need my rear off the 87 right?
jimmy[/QB]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">the rear rotor bolts right on to the 5.5" wheel, and the rear axle is already 20mm in the back, so the back is a total bolt on.

the front axle on an 87 is 17mm, and you can get a bearing(from a custom bearing shop) that has teh proper dimensions to do the swap, but the brake rotors have a different bolt pattern and will not bolt on to the 3.5X17 front. Plus the opening in the old carrier is not big enough to go over the center of the wheel(on the newer wheel).

·
Registered
360 Posts
I remember spacing the rear caliper so it would not hit the wheel. I took a old sprocket shaved it down on a mill to just the bolt pattern and a 1/2 ring around worked good.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Originally posted by Yosh:
I remember spacing the rear caliper so it would not hit the wheel. I took a old sprocket shaved it down on a mill to just the bolt pattern and a 1/2 ring around worked good.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I used a 3mm thick washer.

·
Registered
978 Posts
thanks guys the rear is on
but this front rim is a mother FUCKER
will probley get a 91 front end to put the rim on
just found out the rubber that came on them is ausom
208 gp like new thanks again oldscool86

jimmy

·
Registered
461 Posts
Originally posted by GSXR1255JIMMY:
thanks guys the rear is on
but this front rim is a mother FUCKER
will probley get a 91 front end to put the rim on
just found out the rubber that came on them is ausom
208 gp like new thanks again oldscool86

jimmy
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">that is what I did, because the 86s are even worse than the 87s.

I would get a set off 1100 forks if you do upgrade. I find the 750 forks are too short for the bike, and with my fat ass the adjsutments are all close to max settings.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I paid $600cdn for the 94 forks, clamps, calipers, brake lines, and clip ons.
I also replaced the steering haed bearing, and checnged the ignition key thingy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts