Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What happened to the OZ thread last night with the good prices??? company ads must not be tolerated here eh? anyone have the name or e-mail or user name of the place or person who posted the info, I'm really interested in them at that price. Any help would be appreciated.Thanks!

·
Banned
11,514 Posts
Originally posted by gsxr12161216:
What happened to the OZ thread last night with the good prices??? company ads must not be tolerated here eh? anyone have the name or e-mail or user name of the place or person who posted the info, I'm really interested in them at that price. Any help would be appreciated.Thanks!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I hope you are not bashing those that try to keep this place sane

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by Mr Gixxer:
qb]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I hope you are not bashing those that try to keep this place sane[/QB][/QUOTE]

Did i say anything bad about them? I don't think so, all i wanted to know was where the thread went.

Fightin, yeah that was the link i needed, don't know why i could not find it?? hell i even used the search feature with ""oz wheels" and it did not come up???, apparently they do not fit mine, I'm sure i could fab it to make it fit, but thats a lot to spend and still have to mess with them, guess i will just buy RC Comps Tritons, or Seabring wheels, they bolt right on with no hassle, plus i have some hubs for them already.

Pics of the bikes are at my website, let me know what you think:

http://home.earthlink.net/~redlineracing/

·
Registered
622 Posts
DAM!!!! Those bikes are nice. I wish I was 35 and stable, I would take the 92' off your hands. Maybe you want to put me on a 5 year payment plan
Joking. Some day I want somthing like that to play with at the drag strip. I hate being 25 with lots of time and no money

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by fightin-ry:
DAM!!!! Those bikes are nice. I wish I was 35 and stable, I would take the 92' off your hands. Maybe you want to put me on a 5 year payment plan
Joking. Some day I want somthing like that to play with at the drag strip. I hate being 25 with lots of time and no money

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I'd like to be 25 again with free time enjoy it while you can!!! The GSXR is for sale as a roller now, so the price is a lot less! The motor is going in a '92 750 chassis that i plan on making a street strip bike out of.
I don't really want to sell the bike, I've won a ton of money on it and its dead consistent and never breaks parts, but i dont need 2 race bikes anymore and can use the money for my new projects!

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
I didn't see a thread for the OZ hoops in this forum. Could be you saw it over in the other forum and just thought you saw it here. As for deletion of threads, I check with Mr G regarding status of advertisers as well as a master list we Mods have before I push any "nuke-em" button. I think it is well understood that we can and should discuss modification options in this forum. Let's face it. We ride bikes that have very few options when it comes to modifications. Most of the manufactured billet/carbon/titanium parts these days are for the much newer bikes. If a member finds any brand of item I encourage them to tell us about it...unless there's only one left on a shelf and they want first shot at it.

·
Registered
978 Posts
gsxr12161216 that car tire bike is the SHIT!!!!!

but so is your other one let me know when you go to norwalk next time i would love to check out that BIG tire bike out they are so ausom wish i hade the money to build one for my self but i guess i will have to settle with what i have
have a merry christmas

jimmy

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank for the compliments, I should be in Norwalk for prostar in june i beleive?? and for the $10k race if they have it again this year. I was there for the IHRA bracket finals this year with the gixxer, i actully made the IHRA drag review magazine last month at the bracket finals as i was running down a gixxer thou!!!! its a great pic, I'm having trouble getting the original photo from them though........

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Simon, i have no issues with your forum policies, if you zap something thats fine, its the rules. I probably had to many brews in front of the tube that night and thought it was here, not the first time I've done something like that!!!!!

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
622 Posts
It's action shots like that make me think if I skip breakfast, lunch and only eat three dinners a week, I can afford to build/race a drag bike.
Eating is over rated.....Right????

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
it doesn't really get any better, 25 is a good time, make the most of it
. The bills don't disappear you just 'need' more

Andy

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah food a little overrated! Actually i need to lose 25lbs or the bike will be slow next year!

In all honesty i just stopped spending so much time at the bars with my buddies, and instead bought a 6 pack and worked on the bikes at home, so i saved a ton of money and got lots done on the bikes. The Gixxer took me 6-7 years to get it the way it is now, when i got it it had all stock bodywork and a 8" over arm. then every year i did more to it, one year all new body work, next all new wheels, next trac front end, next big head and new cams and carbs. It ran 9.50's when i bought it, now 8.70's, knocked off a few tenths every year with new parts, i probably have $15k into it, maybe more over the years. Thats the way to do it, a little at a time or you will be constantly broke!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts