Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any of you guys tell me which you prefer and why, i can only afford one or other k5 or c2 , i like em both but would like to know the opinions of those that really know , all opinions welcome

·
Registered
229 Posts
zx has much better throttle response and brakes but Gixxer has comfort.
try to ride it b4 you buy it!
this is true.
I also have spent much time on both.(best friend has one.) The Ten is harder to ride fast, Is stiffer, But my ten makes more power than the gixxer.(both dyno'd same day obviously) VERY MUCH PERSONAL PREFERANCE.
Gixxer is comfyer around town, Ten is better on backroads, but it really depends on your skill level. Cant go wrong either way. Actually i might pick up a K5 one of these days cuz i love them both. Flip a coin, really! or better yet, which color you like better? thats about the difference!!
your milage may very,and its just my opionion.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I had the opportunity to ride all 4 liter bike R1, CBR1k, ZX10R, GXSR1k. I ended up making a decision between the ZX10R and the GXSR1k.

Both of those bikes are similar. However, I like the GSXR more because it is lower than the ZX10R, and it felt more confortable when I rode it. I can plan both feel flat on the ground on the K5. The ZX10R;however, has a little better throttle response at low RPMs, but the GXSR picks it up after 3,500 RPMs.

Further, I didn't have to worry about replacing the turn signals on the GXSR1k because they are intergrated in the mirrors and tail. The K5 felt more stable in the turns than the ZX10R. The ZX10R definately needs a steering damper. I love the stock suspension on the K5. It is awesome in stock form. The ZX10R was too stiff for me, which is great at the track though.

I also got the K5 cheaper than the ZX10R, and in the color I like black/gray. The dealer here in South CAlifornia wanted $11,200 OTD for the ZX10R, and I got the K5 for $11,100 OTD

I can tell you this though, you will not go wrong with either the ZX10R or the K5. The CBR1k and R1, I didn't like because it felt like riding a 600cc bike. Both lacked power in the low end. The R1 needs to be revved at 7k rpms to feel power, and the CBR1k revs too slow, and it takes a while to get to the power. Thus, the CBR1RR seems to be easier to ride fast. The CBR1k felt like a detuned liter bike.

I wanted something that had raw power, and it felt like a true liter bike. Both, the ZX10R and the GXSR1000 will give you that feeling.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers guys good to hear from those who know, my country doesnt have a demo R1 and i wont buy nothing i cant demo, and i dont buy honda anymore cause of warranty troubles, hard choice especially cause i still like my K3 , but i like to get a new bike every 2 years or so

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey FATBOY33...cheers to you in NZ......are you in or near chch? I have owned 3 of the four current literbikes but HAVWN"T ridden the ZX10. bummer. I will say I really really like the R1 and if it had a slipper clutch from the factory I would probly still be on an R1...I even think about trading off the Suzuki for another R1 next year....we will see. I would give the R1 serious thought.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im in the Waikato , i would like to try the r1 but no demo is available, theres nothing wrong with my k3 gixxer 1000 im only replacing it cause i want a new bike with a warranty and a change but i dont want to swap for an r1 then find i dont like it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts