Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy or will accept as christmas gift an original owners manual for the 86/87 GSXR 1100.
Pm if you have one for sale or to donate
Thanks

·
Jurassic Skool
79,800 Posts
:scratch Think he's talking about the 'owner's manual', not a repair manual. Still available through the dealer for around $15 or so. Not entirely sure on the accuracy of that, since mine was a xmas gift 2 years back.

·
Jurassic Skool
79,800 Posts
VFRC said:
what's the difference?
Owner's manual is that quirky little book you get when you buy it new, gives you little details like what all the switches are and where, how the seat lock w*rks, locations of fuses, etc... along with the maintenance schedule and specs.

Service manual is thicker, more money and tells you how to fix the bike, in depth. The service dept at the dealer would have one for their mechanics. Out of print for the really old bikes. I tried to buy the paper version, but the oldest one they listed was mid nineties. Water boilers. :(

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Robben said:
Owner's manual is that quirky little book you get when you buy it new, gives you little details like what all the switches are and where, how the seat lock w*rks, locations of fuses, etc... along with the maintenance schedule and specs.

Service manual is thicker, more money and tells you how to fix the bike, in depth. The service dept at the dealer would have one for their mechanics. Out of print for the really old bikes. I tried to buy the paper version, but the oldest one they listed was mid nineties. Water boilers. :(

Exactly the point here. To really have a genuine retro Gixxer, you need stuff like the original tools and owners manual. I have an XS Yamaha 1100 with the original tools and tool bag, owners manual and purchase invoice. My current Gixxer has the origial tools and purchase invoice but the owners manual fell into the oil change pan:eek: ( with the oil in it)

·
Jurassic Skool
79,800 Posts
Into the oil pan... ouch. :sad

I hear ya... Mine came with a key that looked like a blank from a hardware store. Was kinda kewl as it had japanese writing on it (bike was imported from Japan) I ordered two proper blanks from the dealer and had them cut. Was a bit of bitch as there were four different blanks listed, and we didn't have any numbers on teh key to go by. They were nice enough to order in a pair of each. :cool

·
Registered
53 Posts
I registered with repairmanual website. But couldnt find a manual for a 88 750J.
Anyone help?
Cheers RCG

·
Jurassic Skool
79,800 Posts
The copy of the microfiche I found (pdf) even had the part numbers. It's been a godsend for lookin' stuff up. Better then the one gixxer.com had available for download. :banana Even though some of the numbers have been sub'd up, it gives me a great starting point when calling the dealers and whatnot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
5 Participants
Robben
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing