Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have just serviced my bike and put ngk irridium plugs in it and anti clutch slip oil now engine gets real hot any one got any ideas could it be the plugs ???
has any one ever fitted a electric fan to a oil cooled gixxer ? would it be worth it ??
bike is gsxr1100m and runs fantastic powers right up in the revs has stage 3 dyno jetted and k&n twin pods 4/2/1 d&d can runs at 135 bhp

·
3,482 Posts
Why consider a fan when you could just make a change back to the way it was? Never heard of that being done on an oil-cooler.......not even a 1340cc. Did one on a car once and it was a big waste......only a minor improvement. Why not put the old plugs back in and see how it is?? I can't see the oil being the cause even though "anti clutch slip" seems like another gimmick......R

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
I run yamalube 20-40 and it works great. maybe those plugs are making the bike over heat. where do you get irridium plugs from.?? what do they cost.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i go them from my local dealer you can get them on ebay but im in uk so dont no how that would work for you but you can tell the difference with them in cost me 30 pounds

·
Banned
185 Posts
I have looked into them and they say that they burn hotter but I wouldt think it would have that much of an effect as to overheat your motor. The guy at my local shop says theyre over rated, that NGK are the best for my bike (86-750) besides they run about 11 bucks a pop.

·
Jurassic Skool
79,800 Posts
My guess is the oil. Put the old plugs back in and try that first, since you can reuse plugs. It's a bitch when you change two things and something goes wrong...

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
dude you getting ripped at 11 bucks a plug I pay 5.25 a plug for cr9ek I got a 92 I know a bike tech. he says that you gotta watch the changing plugs heat range cause if your not careful your bike will overheat at a stop ight if you go too high.
and at idle also my bike does'nt have a temp gauge so I don't. worry at this time. you got to watch oil also these things have major shearing action going on in those cases, because bike engines share engine oil with the tranny

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it is an oil with anti clutch slip properties in it supposed to stop your clutch slipping at high revs works well and i get it as cheap as any another oil so thought i would give it a go
not made my mind up about it yet !!!

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
I never heard of anti clutch slip oil. I would think that it might be the oil also, Is the Engine Stock?
Hot plugs in a stock compression engine, I doubt it.
Also was your clutch slipping to begin with?

Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts