Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you guys have overclocked your bike's chip? There's a computer store just down the street and I can get all kinds of chip modding supplies. I figure I could smear a little thermal epoxy over the ECU, strap a big-ass heatsink and fan to the top and up the clock speed to something hella fast. I'll overclock my 600 into a Hayabusa.

Are these chips good for overclocking?

·
Banned
19,349 Posts
Don't do it. The thermal exigenics will overwhelm the spark induction unit - possibly causing a temporal shift in the time/space continuum. While this sounds like it may be some sort of time-travel device, the engineers at Suzuki have determined that it is impossible for this to ever occur on a scale large enough to transport a human to another time dimension. Interestingly enough, they also recommend taking the Bills in Super Bowl CXVVIII and have started a LOTTO pool for the drawing to be held on April 17th, 2773.

·
Registered
7,539 Posts
With the stock ECU you can only overclock it in three locations. A Power Commander on the other hand can be overclocked everywhere, meaning much more hp at the spark plugs. If you clock it up to 1.21 gigawatts you are going to see some serious shit. This is just under the dogs and cats living together problems of time shifting, its more time placement (forward or backward) and you don't have the probs torque has mentioned.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't remember any major shit going down from overclocking my home computer. It just makes it faster. So I'm thinkin'...why not crank up that ECU? I'm sure I could get it running faster and get some killer performance gains. Plus the extra warmth under the seat would keep my a$$ warm on cold days.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yea, but you need a bigger digital speedometer because it goes into binary sometimes...
can never remember how fast
001010011101 is....

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by DJ_Kling:
can never remember how fast
001010011101 is....
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Wow, that's 2,964!
Is that in miles or km's per hour? How much did you have to overclock your ECU to go that fast?

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A yellow box would help, but a blue box would be better. You can overclock the box too and the blue one's far more stabil (and you all know...your bike gotz ta run sta-bil).

I bought a big heatsink from the computer store today and haven't figured out how to hold it to the ECU. Does double-sided carpenter's tape conduct heat very well? It's either that or I get out the drill and make some holes.

[ 11-28-2002, 07:45 AM: Message edited by: Brolo ]

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Cat. I figure if I'm gonna drill, I might as well cross-drill to cut down my weight. A mod within a mod...

·
Registered
7,539 Posts
Originally posted by Racer_X:
dude, forget all that. the trick is to use plutonium to get 1.3 gigawatts. but it's already been done like 15 years ago by this guy around these parts, Doc something or other, and with a Delorean no less... so it should be easier to shoot to 88 mph with a gixx.

Come to think of it, last time i saw that guy was November 15 1985... weird, huh ?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yeah thats what i mentioned above 1.21 gigawatts it is tho.

·
Registered
52 Posts
dude, forget all that. the trick is to use plutonium to get 1.3 gigawatts. but it's already been done like 15 years ago by this guy around these parts, Doc something or other, and with a Delorean no less... so it should be easier to shoot to 88 mph with a gixx.

Come to think of it, last time i saw that guy was November 15 1985... weird, huh ?

·
Banned
19,349 Posts
Originally posted by Brolo:
Thanks Cat. I figure if I'm gonna drill, I might as well cross-drill to cut down my weight. A mod within a mod...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You gonna cross-drill the ECU for weight savings? That is brilliant - wish I'd thought of it.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If I remember correctly, I need 1.21 gigawatts. That's a lot of juice. Now where can I get that much power. Must think...

(oh yeah, the libyans...)

I wanna know how DJ_Kling got all the way up to 2,964 (kmh or mph?). I'd be satisfied with that.

Maybe if I attached a lightning rod to the back of my bike...

[ 12-03-2002, 01:12 PM: Message edited by: Brolo ]

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Originally posted by Brolo:
If I remember correctly, I need 1.21 gigawatts. That's a lot of juice. Now where can I get that much power. Must think...

(oh yeah, the libyans...)

I wanna know how DJ_Kling got all the way up to 2,964 (kmh or mph?). I'd be satisfied with that.

Maybe if I attached a lightning rod to the back of my bike...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That's easy. All ya gotta do is replace your OE speedo with a sigma, and then enter something like 19,845mm as your wheel circumference. The computer in that little sigma automagically converts the energy from the magnet spinning `round into additional horsepower at your spark-plug.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts