Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have had a fair few issue with my bike but mostly liked to electrical, mechanical it has been good.

The bike has 20k mile on the clock so not a lot and the bike has an oil change every 6 months, filter every year and other service parts at good intervals as I live in Spain it can get quite hot. Now the winter is setting in and it as become quite colder, a drop in around 15 deg Celsius/ 59 fahrenheit and I ride my bike maybe 2-3 times a week, 10 miles in the morning, 10 miles back.

Today as I pulled up to work the bike started over revving slightly, by about 1-2k rpm so nothing drastic. I thought maybe something was sticking so gave the throttle a few tugs but it stayed quite high.

As I shut the bike off I heard what I can only describe to be like bubbling or cracking which calmed down and slowed down over the course of 30 seconds.

I quickly checked the oil and it looks ok, not milky or contaminated (through the looking glass)
The bike was not overheated, running at a normal 80 for this morning outside temp of approx. 53.6f

To be it sound like a compression leak somewhere but I wanted to reach out for any input, would you link the two higher revs with this? where would be good to start in investigating this?
I am quite familiar with my bikes as changed many parts over the years.

I run motul oil like this and have done so for over a year due to the increased heat in the summer:
Winter Oil: at Motul 300V 10W40
Summer Oil: Motul 300V2 4T FL Road Racing 10W5

Any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Correction:
I run motul oil like this and have done so for over a year due to the increased heat in the summer:
Winter Oil: at Motul 300V 10W40
Summer Oil: Motul 300V2 4T FL Road Racing 10W50

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I checked the coolant and it was a little low but only in the reserve tank.

Today as I pulled up to work after the 10 miles drive, only as I entered the garage after some low rev, low gear maneuvers the engine wanted to die, it revs dropped and the bike sputtered before cutting of with the clutch pulled in.

No engine codes... Fuel looks good, spark plugs are 1 year old...upon restarting the bike it ran normal... any suggestions?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts