Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ouch! I\'m now out of it for 12-14 weeks

While at work the other day and lifted a 80lb box and it felt like somebody ripped my arm in half at the elbow. Went to the ER and they told me that I "sprained" it. They put it in a half cast and said it would be okay in a couple of weeks.
So a week later when doing a follow-up with my Dr. I got the bad news! I had ripped the Bisep Tendon (the point where your bisep attaches to your forarm) off the bone. He scheduled me for surgey the next morning. Next morning when I come to he tells me that I won't be riding for 8-10 weeks and not back to 100% for 12-14 weeks. I'm telling you my life sucks! Well I guess the bike gets pulled apart agian! Thats aways been the best physical therapy I could find! I just wonder what it will look like this time? I have aways liked the Lucky Strike Paint job....
Bones

[ 03-19-2002, 03:34 AM: Message edited by: Bones_GSXR ]

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Re: Ouch! I\'m now out of it for 12-14 weeks

Man, I knoe that had to hurt. Make sure you do your rehab and stick to their plan. The harder you work the quicker you will be back at 100%.
Get well and get riding

·
Registered
418 Posts

Ah man, that smarts...I didn't even know that could happen!! All the best in a quick recovery, man..

Sounds like you'll be making the best of your time, though

·
Registered
263 Posts

That sucks, good luck on a speedy recovery, Bones. I guess you'll be recovered just in time for the when the weather breaks, right?

John

·
Registered
583 Posts

Man, thats sucks. I tore the tendon in my ankle from crashing my dirtbike. Doc said not to ride for 12 weeks, i was ridin all over with a cast on my foot. I even raced at the dragstrip after my cast was off, before the 12 weeks was up. Be a little harder with your arm though.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts

hope you get better soon, better the bicep tendon than anything really major
-Karl

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.