Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
hey guys...I ride every weekend. we can meet in Garden Grove Ca...corner of Harbor blvd and Garden Grove blvd at the shell gas station.

if you want to get together on a Sunday for a two hour ride. lets meet.
im in Orange County....Garden Grove, CA.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Any chance any of you Orange County (I live in Stanton by knotts) riders have a reputable mechanic (carbs) I can take my 97 750 SRAD to?

I can't find anyone I can trust to go through my bike for me, Ive only put 300 miles on it in 2 years......appreciate any help to get me out on the road.......Warren

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
what is wrong with the carbs? can you share some additional information.

southland suzuki in Beach blvd and Garden grove Blvd....the mechanic has done very good job on my carbs when i had issues with syncing my carbs.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Thanks for the reply "zzz"....

I rebuilt the carbs but was never able to get them tuned and have no idea if they are jetted correctly...

When I turn the key I have to fire the starter immediately or it floods....

If I let the fuel pump run for more than a few seconds I end up having to crank if for 5 seconds with no throttle to get it started,

also the choke does not work and it idles super rich...

I tried Southland, they are only a few miles away but I think they were busy because the mechanic said it sounds fine and to just leave it....

When I put this bike together I had my buddy who's a lawnmower repair guy tune the screw by hand/ear but never went any further.

Appreciate any local help......Warren

·
Registered
250 Posts
the mechanic at southland S is a good mechanic. He is the only mechanic there. make an apppointment to leave the bike for a day or so.

i Took my bike there for Valves specs he did a very good job...which is the only thing i dont do, valves...cost was very decent.

i had the same problem as you mentioned but carbs are very peculiar cause all the screws and sync. i normally just sync my carbs other issues i just take it in.

give them a try...just tell them Tony referred them to you.
i will be taking my second bike in a week or so just to install a chain...since i dont have the tool. sprockets and color bolts will be installing them myself.

ride safe

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Roger that Tony...

I'll give it another try at Southland...

It's a bummer we lost the motorcycle salvage place on beach blvd by my place, they didn't have much for us but they were cheap and nice.....

I'm really hoping to find a local carb guy that works out of his garage.....I want to be able to do this work in the future by myself, right now I'm considering purchasing a mercury carb sync tool.....Warren

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
19 Participants
wellfairfisherman
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing