Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a B/W K5 1000. A buddy of mine was planning to get an 05 R1. He rode a K5 1000 today and now wants one. I don't have a problem with that at all. The thing that is bothering me is that he was going to get the B/Y but I think his wife has talked him into the B/W. I guess what I am getting at is I really don't want to be riding around with someone who has the same bike as I do. I know that I will come across people while out riding but the fact that a friend has the same bike is not cool. Am I over reacting or do I have a valid point in not wanting someone I ride with all of the time to have the same exact bike?

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
You know he's going to get whatever his wife tells him to get. Well...if he ever wants to get laid again.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Just wait for that 1st time you and a group go by a cop a little to fast. Having the same bike lets you blend right in

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
Just stop hanging out with him.

·
Registered
60 Posts
yea the upside with the same color bikes is it helps with the cops. i have an 00 750 y/b, and im going to get the 05 1000 yep y/b what else, my friends all have y/b in different sizes so its all good. plus u get to line up with ya buddy and whip him, gives your zuk braggin rights

·
Registered
396 Posts
Just do some customizing, and make yours different.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
nah bro..i know what you meant. it would be better to be or get get something different. im like that too lol

but it just won't happen cause we r boun to find someone around town riding the same bike and color. my buddy like the same/similar concept but not me. unless we are pros to represent something

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
who the hell cares if he's on the exact same bike? Are you afraid of people teasing you? don't make him get a bike he (or his g/f in this case...) doesn't want. He'll just hate you for it in the long run. If you're really childish about it enough, just get the '06 model next year. It's bound to have different colors.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks, I appreciate the different opinions. I got to thinking about it myself last night and It really doesn't matter what he gets because I can customize mine to my liking. Besides as long as I am happy with what I am riding it doesn't matter what someone else is riding. On the same note he just called me and told me he was driving 5 hrs tomorrow to pick up a B/W 05 R1. I guess he called around and found one.

·
Registered
565 Posts
keepin it uniform helps with the police so thats cool man but the bike is not gonna stay the same, you know. just make sure he does not get the same pipe as you !

·
Registered
334 Posts
Dude....there's only three colors available for the bike...You're guaranteed to run into this predicament a time or two.

Stop being a bitch

·
Registered
518 Posts
My buddy has a 05 B/W R1 and my B/W gixxer 1000 (K5) smoked his ass. Was not even close. Started from stand stills rolling in different speeds, did it in all the gears, still the same result no contest. This dam K5 is a beast no body even wants to mess around racing me. it kind of makes it no fun but a have a few buddies with busa that like racing same result though but sure is a lot of fun. What I'm trying to get at is your bussy should have but the zuk, oh well though the r1 is still a nice bike.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts