Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK when I went to the doctor for my check up in April right when I went off the pill and talked to him about getting pregnant and stuff I had a few questions I wanted answered right away. One of course was can I still ride? I've seen woman as passengers on bikes while pregnant and stuff which is why I figured it would be ok. The doctor told me it's my own personal risk if I want to take it but it's just like being in a car with the bumps and stuff on the road that it wouldnt hurt. Just not to do it when I would be almost at the popping point! Lol Ladies what are your opinions on this subject? Have any of you ever rode while pregnant or know anyone that has? Would it anger you if you seen a pregnant woman on a rocket? Not pregnant yet but just curious what the rest of you think about it.:dunno

·
Premium Member
4,712 Posts
As a male i wouldnt let a MY g/f on the back if she was pregnant. Its just to much of a risk to me since the chances of an accident are already close to 20x greater on a motorcycle in the first place. wait for the female opinion though :lol
good luck on the baby though :cheers

·
Registered
15 Posts
My mom rode with me while she was preggers, however it was a harley, a different time, and all that good stuff.
I let my best friend ride on the back of my bike for a few months while she was also. There will be a point after you start showing that your stomach will hinder your riding.
Personally, I doubt I would, and I grew up on bikes. Just too many idiot out there on the streets as well as other things that could go wrong.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone! I highly doubt I will but I didnt know if it would be ok the first few months or if in everyone elses opinions it was a def. no. Like assmallard said it will be a little difficult to ride a rocket with a big belly in between me and the tank! Lol and a little uncomfortable.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lol that is true which I guess a fat guy and pregnant lady might look the same so would anyone really be able to tell the difference if I rode when I got pregnant?!

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
As a mother, riding early on seems fine. The risk to the baby is exceedingly small, especially of you ride cautiously.

I think the harder part is riding after the baby is born. I was scuba diving when my son was born (not literally, of course!), and couldn't do it afterwards. He was just so helpless and SO dependent on me. The motherly protective instincts kicked in, and I just couldn't take risks myself that could leave him "mom-less".

But that was me. We're all unique, and you'll make the right choice for you. Just don't let the "judgemental ones" decide for you. A happy Mom, is a good Mom.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The after part is what Im afraid of. I can go 9 months without riding but I just got it in July and I didnt really want the 4 months I got to ride it the last 4 months! My husband and I already talked that we will take turns watching the kid so we could get the bikes out and cruise around a little. I guess we will have to wait and see! I just took a test yesterday and it came up positive!! I go to the doctor next tuesday to find out for sure.

·
Turd Burgler or Twat Waffle...your call.
985 Posts
Sorry for previous post....

I would say NO for obvious safety reasons. That is one mistake you can't afford.

·
Registered
6,160 Posts
My wifey is preggo right now, about 4 months... and I would not ride w/ her.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts