Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Highly unstable
32,025 Posts
gilles arent practical if your taking your bike to the track. your going to want vortex or woodcraft. either rear set is a good one. and replacement parts are easy to come by. if you break something off a nice set of mikuni's, sato's, gilles, etc.. your going to have to order replacement parts which may take a lot longer than something readily available. every trackside vendor has replacement parts for vortex and woodcraft.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have Gilles on my track bike ( 03 1000) and let me tell you they can easely take a crash without braking. It hapen'd to me and other friends they all have Gilles and they never broke or bent anything from the gilles when crashing just scratching the pags but who cares about that,easy fix.I'm also not a vortex friend but it's just what I think.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
Gilles, Attack, Yoshimura, maybe even Arata. All are much better than stock.

·
Premium Member
73,384 Posts
i like the arata ones.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I like the Attack adjustables:

Baldy

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
Harris on the K2

Like them better than the Gilles. The did flex a little when set at the most rear position ansd I had this "loose" feeling on the shifter side.
The Harris ones feels more solid and gives me a more positive feeling when shifting.
Great quality and finish too. The taps (spelling?) at the end of the levers folds too, which might come in handy in a lowside. The usually bend first.
All in all a good pair of rear sets from Harris Performance

BTW I am trying Sato for the K5.

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
are you dragging your stock rearsets? if so it sounds like your suspension isnt set up right. i know myself, and another pretty quick racer who never drag stock rearsets.
........I think very few of us are dragging the stockers and in many cases the bling factor plays a role.

To me it is not the adjustable position that is the most important, but the overall feel a good quality aftermarket rear sets will give you.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
are you dragging your stock rearsets? if so it sounds like your suspension isnt set up right. i know myself, and another pretty quick racer who never drag stock rearsets.

No not dragging them but I did hit my toe the other day....I think I am just wanting some peace of mind. It seems as if I go any further over and they would scrape, probably is a long ways away but it feels that close and even more so since the toe rubbin incident.

So if you dont ever hit your stock rearsets then what is the reason to get the higher and further back aftermarket ones? I thought that was the main reason to do this.

·
Registered
415 Posts
........I think very few of us are dragging the stockers and in many cases the bling factor plays a role.
To me it is not the adjustable position that is the most important, but the overall feel a good quality aftermarket rear sets will give you.
How to aftermarket rearsets "feel" better than the stockers? My stockers feel just fine to me (although I don't have a basis for comparison), and I don't understand how the aftermarket rearsets can offer an improvement that feels worth a hundred bucks more, much less $400+. Now if you're dragging your stockers, then I clearly see the need, but if that's not the case, what's the point?

Now my Vmax, which has upgraded suspenders front and rear and some nice sticky Avons, will regularly scrape pegs during aggressive street riding, but I'm still having a hard time stomaching $400 for a set of WR's rearsets on Ebay. (Speaking of which, anyone know where I can increase ground clearance without spending that big of a chunk of change?)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts