Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was my first time doing a motor swap on my 2007 GSXR 600 track bike and while putting it back together, I mistakenly hooked the fuel pump 3 wire white triangular connector up to the throttle position sensor lead and the throttle position sensor up to the fuel pump lead. It amazes me that Suzuki would use the exact same connector for both these electrical items. Anyway, the fuel pump signal spun the secondary throttle bodies out of whack so I had to remove the STVA, disassemble it, put the drive gear in the right spot, remove the throttle position sensor (which I indexed for reinstallation) then reinstall SVTA and then the throttle position sensor.

After messing with it for about an hour, I figured out how the butterfly rod needed to move and line up the with assembly and the TPS and voila! She fired up. I checked the TPS sensor adjustment and it was dead on.

Just for reference, if you do ever mix up these connectors, the throttle bodies will make a terrible noise while going through their pre-start test where they open and close. Just swapping the connectors back to their correct leads didn't work for me as the butterflies were way off after getting screwed up with the fuel pump signal. But, luckily, nothing was damaged beyond repair and I didn't need any new parts to fix it.

Lesson learned.... I have marked the connectors so I won't ever mix them up again.

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
13,681 Posts
This is an old thread, but since it got bumped.... NO. You don't need to remove/reposition/reinstall. The sensor is relative and hooking things back correctly will resolve the issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts