Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SOAR (Southern Ontario Association of Racing) has added a women's class for which so far unfortunately only one lady showed up. If you're reading this and you're in the area, come on out and join the race! Very friendly atmosphere, lots of newbies to racing have come out to SOAR events and love them.

Check it out: soaracing.ca

·
Premium Member
6,364 Posts
oh god if my gf seen this she would go nuts that they have made a seperate class for girls. not nuts in a good way trust me. we have a old ex 500 she tracks with the boys on thier modern 600's and she keeps up with them easily well besides on the front and back straight. 50 hp hard to keep up with 100 plus. but it maybe good thing as i'm sure alot of people not just women would feel intimadated about going out on the track. I know i would.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh god if my gf seen this she would go nuts that they have made a seperate class for girls. not nuts in a good way trust me. we have a old ex 500 she tracks with the boys on thier modern 600's and she keeps up with them easily well besides on the front and back straight. 50 hp hard to keep up with 100 plus. but it maybe good thing as i'm sure alot of people not just women would feel intimadated about going out on the track. I know i would.
Well then maybe she has some personal issues she needs to deal with. There are some girls out there who for what ever reason don't feel comfortable racing with the guys quite yet and this is a nice way for them to get their feet wet. Any thing that encourages women to come out and ride is a good thing in my books. We have another women's series in Ontario and a few of the ladies who started there are now whooping the boys' asses in the other regional and national classes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts