Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

I'm having some trouble with my bike. Its a 2000 gsxr750.

The neutral i always on. With ignition off and key out. I if the key is turned to ignition on the neutral shines a bit stronger. But nothing else comes on. The fuel pump doesn't prime either.

I this issue ones before when i replaced the regulator/rectifier. I checked the connection to the ignition so I unplugged it, had a look and put it back together. Then everything whent back to normal somehow. This time it didn't help.

I also tried unplugging the battery and ecu for 15 min. Nothing changes.

This time one of the wires going from the stator to the regulator/rectifier had burned in the connector. I fix it and now the problem i back.

Any help is appreciated!

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
do you know where the neutral light sensor is? the lead is down near the counter sprocket and the sensor is usually under the sprocket, maybe remove it and clean or replace if that doesn't do it..

you have a service manual? should be able to locate one in your bike specific forum

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do you know where the neutral light sensor is? the lead is down near the counter sprocket and the sensor is usually under the sprocket, maybe remove it and clean or replace if that doesn't do it..

you have a service manual? should be able to locate one in your bike specific forum
I have a manual and I'm trying to find the fault by checking the sensors and relays as the manual states. I'm a mechanic or particular technical minded. But I'm giving it a go. I fear it's the ECM is damaged..

Thanks for the advice!

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
those sensors are near the counter sprocket and they often get gummed up and need a good cleaning to work proper, happens a lot..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
those sensors are near the counter sprocket and they often get gummed up and need a good cleaning to work proper, happens a lot..
I'm having a look at the bike today.

Checking starter relay, gear position switch and side stand switch according to the manual.

You think it could be the actual gear position sensor?

Spoke to ny local dealer yesterday. Very nice and helpfull. Gave me side stand/blinker relay they laying around. After looking in they're shop manual said they though it was The regulator/rectifier or ecm..

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
welp maybe it won't hurt to find the sensor, clean it up and test it.. cheaper than an ECU for sure, put an eyeball on the wiring and connectors too make sure nothing is corroded or just messed up...

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
Burnt or melted wires ? Did you replace the R/R with Suzuki OEM Part ? This is a common problem on here, Google will take you to more threads on here R/R and generator / stator need to be checked with multi meter and / or replaced with Suzuki Parts. Workshop manual explains how to test these items.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts