Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My question is, when ordering parts from Oneida online, how can I receive the GDC discount? If there is a discount offered. If so, is there a special way to go about it?

Thanks.

·
Registered
8,165 Posts
Not 100% sure but I noticed in the group/member discount forum they usuually put what you need to say/submit in the coments box to get the discount.

I ordered a Puig racing screen which was already on sale and at a good price so I didn't think a discount would apply since it was as low as it was but just because in the discount and comments box I put that I was a gixxer.c om member.

What I would do is go to the group/member discount forum click on Oneida's title and then PM or Email them and ask what or how they would like you to go about getting a discount on whatever you buy.

Only other thing I have to say about them is they are only open 4 days out of the week
and my windscreen was on backorder and supposed to be avail 4/21 but I haven't recieved any confirmation that it has been sent or anything, according to the sie it still says it's on backorder and avail 4/21
I would call but there closed till monday

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
James - I ordered the wind screen also and still haven't received a confirmation from them either...

Thanks for the info. I will PM them.

Joey

·
Registered
819 Posts
Oneida is 10 miles from my house. I stop in and ask them....this is the same store as on GDC. The guy at the counter tells me no. I look around for a bit, them walk out because the prices "in store" were really high. As I'm putting my helmet on I look over at the window and see the website addy. It's the same store and the dude at the counter just lied his ass off to me. They don't want to give the same discount to people who walk in from the street. You ask why, b/c of the outragous shipping they charge you guys. I know they are a sire sponser but, they don't need to such pricks. I know all you guys love them, but I just wanted to share my experience with this hole in the ground dealership. They later told me the website is differnt than the dealership. Bull, I bet if I checked into EIN #, they would be the same.

·
Registered
8,165 Posts
Oneida is 10 miles from my house. I stop in and ask them....this is the same store as on GDC. The guy at the counter tells me no. I look around for a bit, them walk out because the prices "in store" were really high. As I'm putting my helmet on I look over at the window and see the website addy. It's the same store and the dude at the counter just lied his ass off to me. They don't want to give the same discount to people who walk in from the street. You ask why, b/c of the outragous shipping they charge you guys. I know they are a sire sponser but, they don't need to such pricks. I know all you guys love them, but I just wanted to share my experience with this hole in the ground dealership. They later told me the website is differnt than the dealership. Bull, I bet if I checked into EIN #, they would be the same.
That suxs there was nor reason to flat out lie about it other than like you said but still why lie

And I can't say that I like em all that much YET! I still haven't got my screen and yes shipping was a little high but it still worked out to be cheaper than the stealership here's price for me to carry it out the door.

·
Registered
819 Posts
The dealership I use almost always matches the price I find online. I tell them the honest amount to match, they look through the books, etc and almost always match it or come close. You can't give them a bs amount tho because they will be onto you. You have to ask them though. I always tell them, I'd rather spend my money locally that online. Great part is, you get to walk out with it that day. Maybe it's because they know me and know I'll actually have the cash to buy it.....just my 2cents

·
Registered
857 Posts
I E-mailed them to ask them about the GDC discount and that was at the begining of April and they still have not responded, go to Heatwavecycle he has real good price's and seem's like a nice enough guy look him up on the member's list and click on his name.

·
Registered
8,165 Posts
I E-mailed them to ask them about the GDC discount and that was at the begining of April and they still have not responded, go to Heatwavecycle he has real good price's and seem's like a nice enough guy look him up on the member's list and click on his name.
+1
Mike from heatwave hooked me up on my undertail

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
I go to Oneida for stock parts, but Flat out motorsports is pretty good as well. The shipping prices are not all that bad if you buy a shitload of stuff from Oneida. Once your item is shipped they will put the tracking numbers at the bottom of the comments in the order section. I've got seat rails on backorder through Oneida with the ship date maybe by 5/15, but you never know.............

Rob

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yea, I PMed the Oneida person here on the site (James) and he said "go check the members discount area". "A dollar here, a dollar there and to go and sign up for the newsletter on the site".

There is no information in there about any discounts in the GDC forum. I am pissed - I wish I would have know that they didn't look out, or that they take there sweet ass time doing things.

As far as the Puig screen...James they said it was on back order. I'm all the way out here, in the middle of the damn Pacific Ocean, and can't get a windscreen???????

·
Is Sexually Attracted To The Guys on GDC
21,546 Posts
fuck oneida, they take forever to answer your questions, they fuck you on shipping, and it takes forever to get it

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
You will find out that a lot of INTERNET shopping with good prices will have common stuff on backorder this time of year. With everyone buying new bikes..... they want a new screen as one of the first mods that they do, so the demand is high. I bought 13 items from Oneida and 2 were back ordered! Just 2! I can't complain at all. The shipping for a tank and the items wasn't high at all! I was very surprised! I just bought another 5 items and the shipping was very reasonable at $12. I think that it was like $10 with just the 1 item and then it ended up at $12, so.........

I have emailed Oneida 5 times on superceeded part numbers and stuff like that, and Matt got right back to me, so I have been happy.

Just my .02!

Rob

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
fuck oneida, they take forever to answer your questions, they fuck you on shipping, and it takes forever to get it
Actually there pretty good, and how might i ask do they Fuck you on shipping ?? .Maybe they just dont like you

·
Registered
819 Posts
Actually there pretty good, and how might i ask do they Fuck you on shipping ?? .Maybe they just dont like you
Went on the website....added a gel seat to the chackout, calc'd shipping @ $13. Please remember, I live 10 miles from there..... Then I did the same for other parts which all included higher than normal shipping. You may like them, I don't since they straight up lied.

·
Registered
8,165 Posts
Yea, I PMed the Oneida person here on the site (James) and he said "go check the members discount area". "A dollar here, a dollar there and to go and sign up for the newsletter on the site".

There is no information in there about any discounts in the GDC forum. I am pissed - I wish I would have know that they didn't look out, or that they take there sweet ass time doing things.

As far as the Puig screen...James they said it was on back order. I'm all the way out here, in the middle of the damn Pacific Ocean, and can't get a windscreen???????
Yeah I called them today and asked for a status for a back order part that was said to be avail 4/21 so the guy tells me they still haven't come in
then says well we have the smoke ones in stock but not the dark smoke that I obvioulsy ordered and he said that parts come in everday but they only work like frigging 4 days out of the week

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
The dealership I use almost always matches the price I find online. I tell them the honest amount to match, they look through the books, etc and almost always match it or come close. You can't give them a bs amount tho because they will be onto you. You have to ask them though. I always tell them, I'd rather spend my money locally that online. Great part is, you get to walk out with it that day. Maybe it's because they know me and know I'll actually have the cash to buy it.....just my 2cents
I do this everytime, and just as with experiences my dealer has matched or come close just about every time.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts