Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day, I ran out of gas with the gas valve in the on position, There wasn't any gas at all left in the tank. I was wondering if anybody might know what the problem is. Thanks.

I just love this sight so much, I have so many questions and everybody has the answers, It's great. Thanks.

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
The best thing you can do is to switch the stock valve out and put in a Pingle.
Bones

·
Registered
16 Posts
Pacman, don't change your petrol tap. Just remove it and strip it down. You will most probably find that the distrubution drum inside has been put in incorrecty, so 'on' = reserve, and vice versa.
When putting your tap back onto the tank use some PTFE tap on the bolt threads to prevent leakage.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Got my Pingle direct from them (608) 339-7999 or www.pingelonline.com for $85.56, shipping included. Haven't put it on yet, but here's a pic... (Oh, it comes as two pieces, one is the petcock, one is the GSXR adapter)

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
I've got a Pingle on mine and there is no reserve position on the pingle valvue. Start watching your milage and top the tank off every 100 miles or so. It works for me, and after you run out of gass two or three times. You'll always remember

1 - 7 of 7 Posts