Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Taught Goatsee everything he "knows"
12,641 Posts
Damn good. Someone would be saddly mistaken to try taking him down on the streets.

·
Registered
472 Posts
When my bro was in high school he made it all the way to the state finals for wrestling

there was a guy at the finals with one leg that whooped everybodys ass

I think he came in 2nd overall:chucks

·
Premium Member
4,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When my bro was in high school he made it all the way to the state finals for wrestling

there was a guy at the finals with one leg that whooped everybodys ass

I think he came in 2nd overall:chucks
Its a disadvantage, but if a someone has enough heart they can turn it into an advantage by working on their upper body strenth. whats crazy is the guy can run a ten minute mile on crutches.

·
Met up with MotoJoe and Toejam and came home Butth
5,523 Posts
I remember him whenever me and country wrestled in high school. There is someone out with a book too about a disabled wrestler but I don't think it's him. Found it. "Kyle Maynard" is his name. He was born without arms or legs. He has a book called "No excuse: The True Story of a Congenital Amputee Who Became a Champion in Wrestling and in Life" that's a great read and def helped motivate some of us during the year. We saw him at a tournament I'm pretty sure at Jr. Nationals.

Kyle Maynard: No Excuses

·
Constantly in trouble now
16,403 Posts
Somehow, I'm feeling highly motivated at the moment.

The core strength of these guys is phenomenal. How do you wrestle a guy who's primary adaptation is that of building up his core and his arms?

Not to mention, HOW do you wrestle a guy who moves differently from every other guy you've ever wrestled? You'd have to adapt on the fly and hope you get it right. Gotta figure a guy like that is working a lot harder than you do. Not to mention, there is a psychological issue going on there. Can you do what it takes to get past the mental image of defeating a guy who's handicapped? Obviously, some have the mental toughness to get past that.

My excuses are pretty much vaporized at the moment......

--Wag--

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Ok I have to say it, am I the only one that thinks in a weird way that this guy has an unfair advantage? I mean seriously, if someone cut my leg off and I was going up against a 110lb-ish person, I feel like I'd beat the shit out of them.

The guys upper body is huge compared to the rest of his oppenents and can toss them around once they're on the ground.

Inspirational story nontheless.

BTW I know this thread is old, but its the same guy that just won the NCAA championship.

·
Registered
296 Posts
It is most def. unfair advantage. I mean if you watch the footage of him wresting notice how he can sit on the ground, and sit on his leg? not to mention you lose a whole leg to hold onto him by? it totally changes how you have to wrestle him.

I will say that I am bias in the situation, as he beat my home towns best wrestler in the championship. :chucks

·
Registered
34 Posts
Im a college wrestler myself and have seen this guy at multiple tournaments and watched him dominate this year. I think its more an advantage to him because noone knows how to wrestle him because he has such a funky style (cause he only has one leg). Also, the guy is a monster 125 pounder. If he had both legs he'd easily be a 157 pounder or maybe even 165; he totally out muscles his opponents. The commentators said he benched over 300 pounds, i guarantee no other 125 pounder can bench that much.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts