Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IM REPOSTING THIS IN MY MODEL'S FIELD - ORIGINALLY FROM MODS AND HOWTO'S...
i have just installed the very trick and effective w.l.r./sprint dampner top mount on my 99 750 and also removed the stock 'under-mounted' unit. I know it saves several grams of weight to only run one damp, but im wondering if am i lessening the load on the top mount cylinder/unit by having the stock damp underneath??; it takes several more clicks to dial in the same resistence once the lower unit is removed... anyone mess with this and have any road experience to share with me??? by the way the top mount looks the role as well - it a very trick piece with superb tolerances. go here to get more info and prices http://www.traxxion.com/products.accessories.dampertop.html

[ 05-16-2002, 09:34 AM: Message edited by: Esemes750WX ]

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
no use in having 2 dampers... just go with the Sprint up top. I mean you *can* have both, but why? sell the stocker and make a few bucks. its nice to adjust the damping on the fly huh?

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
very true...twist-on-the fly is gr8. I guess there is no use for dampening a dampened steering - kinda overkill - one more question - ive studied ur pix and Do you have ur clipons lower than stock???also, what about the bolt goin into the trip tree brace???

thnx 4 the comments

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
no I have stock clip ons, as far as I know...

what bolts to triple tree? the only thing that bolts there is my damper

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
Don't overdamp your steering. IF you get into a real bad slapper, if the damper is wound up too much, the force gets transmitted through the frame instead and will bring you down just the same as if you had no damper. I have my Sprint set on 4 out 15. It still shakes it's head now and again, but it's very gentle.

·
Registered
242 Posts
why not keep the top and stock dampner and add two side mounts and never worry again about your forks moving at all?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts