Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
thats way too much power... that has to be dangerous as hell to drive on the streets on street tires....BADASS CAR though... i would love to be the owner of it..hehehee

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
That's my daily driver.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Sweeeeet. Looking to make a mustang up in that range. I am working on my convertible, and then going to get a hatchback to make straight drag. I am hopeing to drop a 302 bored 30 over, raceing cam, roller rockers, and 4 bar holly intake and carb. I am hopeing to drop that motor in my convertible.. Then a good bit of mods after that.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I hate to say it, but that sure doesnt sound or look like 1200+ whp. If you havent seen the videos of Chris Chow's GN making 1000+ whp or the Exvitermini Skyline making 1250 whp, then you should take a look at those videos and look at this Viper one again.

Chris Chows GN:

http://www.fasttrackperformance.com/page5/chow%20movie%20files/christtgn.wmv

Exvitermini Skyline making 1250 AWHP:

http://www.exvitermini.com/movies/power6.mpg

Look at the ways the cars react when on the dynos. Notice their suspensions are raising the cars practically off the ground. Teh viper sits still. How long were these cars at WOT? Chris Chow's was WOT for 4 seconds reving to probably 7000 rpms. Exvitermini's Skyline was WOT for 6 seconds reving to 11,000 rpms. How long was the Viper at WOT? 9 seconds. I would bet it reved to an astronomical 6500 rpms. All gear ratios asside, do you really think a car makind 1200 whp would take 5 seconds longer to reach redline than another car that makes less power?

Im raising the BS flag on the Viper video. My guess is that he makes somewhere in teh 700 whp range. I have my evidence to back up my claims.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Max power isn't always (rarely) created at max RPM

·
Registered
404 Posts
So what you are saying is that the Viper may be reving to an even lower rpm? If thats the case, shouldnt he be at WOT for a shorter time?

Im sure he went all the way up to redline to see how the power curve dives off after peak. That way at the track he can plan proper shift points to maximize the use of his engines powerband.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sweeeeet. Looking to make a mustang up in that range. I am working on my convertible, and then going to get a hatchback to make straight drag. I am hopeing to drop a 302 bored 30 over, raceing cam, roller rockers, and 4 bar holly intake and carb. I am hopeing to drop that motor in my convertible.. Then a good bit of mods after that.
I am looking to pickup a 2004-2005 srt towards the end of teh year. I am going to install exhaust and a year o two, the twin turbo package.

·
Premium Member
73,384 Posts

there is no way that thing is making anywhere close to 1200rwhp.

it was way too smooth on the dyno. it barely even squatted!

·
Banned
545 Posts
I hate to say it, but that sure doesnt sound or look like 1200+ whp. If you havent seen the videos of Chris Chow's GN making 1000+ whp or the Exvitermini Skyline making 1250 whp, then you should take a look at those videos and look at this Viper one again.

Chris Chows GN:

Look at the ways the cars react when on the dynos. Notice their suspensions are raising the cars practically off the ground. Teh viper sits still. How long were these cars at WOT? Chris Chow's was WOT for 4 seconds reving to probably 7000 rpms. Exvitermini's Skyline was WOT for 6 seconds reving to 11,000 rpms. How long was the Viper at WOT? 9 seconds. I would bet it reved to an astronomical 6500 rpms. All gear ratios asside, do you really think a car makind 1200 whp would take 5 seconds longer to reach redline than another car that makes less power?

Im raising the BS flag on the Viper video. My guess is that he makes somewhere in teh 700 whp range. I have my evidence to back up my claims.
+1

·
Registered
180 Posts

Chris Chows GN:

It looks just fine to me. The end of the video says it all. Dynoed in .69 overdrive gear. A high gear ratio like that will make it take forever to hit redline. That's 6th gear on a viper. At redline, his wheels were probably spinning at over 190mph. That's a good way to prevent wheelspin on a dyno. I had a twin turbo 85 mustang and when I dynoed it, I did it in fourth gear and it sure took longer to wind out to redline than it normally would. The GN and skyline were both setup for drag racing at the time of the dyno runs, so they probably had much shorter gear ratios. The viper is geared to do 200mph from the factory.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts