Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well maybe some of you have already had these upgrades and rode with them and are used to it. However its new to me....
I have finished installing BMC race air, Powercommander, m4gp slip on, -1+2 sprokets with lighter chain, race bodywork, elimination of "unnecassary bolts, hangers an plastics etc....

The bike feels incredable now, I cant really open it up in first gear anymore, there is just so much power its insane..... I mean its controllable however you have to be pretty carefull with the throtlle. The bike pulls extremly hard on every gear, wants to wheelie first, second, third.. I am very happy with it, I just need to get used to the power before my next track day at willow.

I will post pics up pretty soon, I rode my friends 600 last night and it felt like a scooter :) ...

Reactions: AdidasMan

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I rode a friend's 05 1k and he is -1 +2 with a slip on and custom tune. I think it is as strong as my bike with a full Akro and a PCIII map with velocity stacks. However I know that alot of his pull comes from the gearing. I wonder how it would be if his bike were stock. I loved that gearing but I don't think that I would want something that steep although I might change my mind when I need to get a new chain. I have been thinking about going -1 but wanted to get used to the extra power f the mods listed above that I just gt finished with just a few weeks ago.

·
loves oldgixxer and Anthony D
12,611 Posts
I think you're just a vagina and cant take the power. :lol

I'm just kidding bro...sorry :cheers

Yea, you are def feeling the gearing...when i went +3 in the rear on my 1000, it truly felt like a new bike.

Congrats and good luck :cheers

·
Professional Scumbag
518 Posts
man i hate having throttle control i have everything except that muffler of yours and it feels the same to me. lol i know exactly what you mean about going to a 600 after riding ont he 1k for a while. when i get on my zx6rr it feels like its gonna stall everytime i take off =(.

·
Registered
240 Posts
gixxercrasher22 said:
-1/+2 is the standard gearing for most fast tracks(not insane tracks like daytona). Medium and slow tracks it gets even more aggressive. -2/+4 isn't unheard of on tracks that don't go over 140MPH. You start having fun when you get aggressive with the gearing.
just curious, this is :eek:fftopic , but w/ -1+2, how much do you lose in top speed? not that i would even notice, i've only gotten the speedo to 151, but just curious.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think about 15-20 mph

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
gixxercrasher22 said:
-1/+2 is the standard gearing for most fast tracks(not insane tracks like daytona). Medium and slow tracks it gets even more aggressive. -2/+4 isn't unheard of on tracks that don't go over 140MPH. You start having fun when you get aggressive with the gearing.
So far it looks like its gonna work at willow and even buttonwillow...

-2 +4 must be pretty insane if -1+2 feels like this.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Wheeelieboy said:
So far it looks like its gonna work at willow and even buttonwillow...

-2 +4 must be pretty insane if -1+2 feels like this.
You could prob. launch it in second like it was first with stock gearing. I'm going -1 front, +1 rear. I ride in the street but want to do a trackday next year.

GL.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.