Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so today i made the swtich to Mobil mxt4 full synthetic at 3900 miles... DAMN i got to tell you... i rode the bike around the block a few times and it just feels so much smoother....the trans is so smooth! damn.. all i can say is wow!

·
Mightiest Sorcerer of the Lands a.k.a. Rhinocerous
22,048 Posts
Yeah, it's like %10 BMW in a bottle or something. LOL

·
Registered
337 Posts
Why not switch at 600miles or rite away? I ve been told (with cars) you should switch on mile one if you plan on running full synthetic. Due to the fact that the molocules in syn are much smaller alowing the motor to break in with tighter tolerances. Dont know if thats true or not? Brake in with dino oil and its large molcules creates wider tolerances? any truth to this?
On the same note Ive been told its a no no when breaking in a bike, why?
-Thanks

·
420 King of the World
3,440 Posts
Motors will never properly break in on straight syn. Its too slippery to ruff up the linings and rings. Thats why you switch after the break in period. Is that Cuban oil or just regular arab oil??

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Motors will never properly break in on straight syn. Its too slippery to ruff up the linings and rings. Thats why you switch after the break in period. Is that Cuban oil or just regular arab oil??
yo man...i only use the cuban version....lol..

·
Registered
213 Posts
did u get the oil from hudson cycles or somewhere else? im doin the 600 mile soon so got sometime left b4 i switch to syn. how much did u pay per quart?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
did u get the oil from hudson cycles or somewhere else? im doin the 600 mile soon so got sometime left b4 i switch to syn. how much did u pay per quart?
yea i got it from them....their regular oils are priced ok but their synthetics are a tad more than other places...., i paid around 10 per qt... but i had no other choice since i was in a rush and needed an oil change fast.... since i am going to Drag race the bike tonite...

·
Registered
209 Posts
If you want a good synthetic for a reasonable price, Use the Shell rotella t-syth 5w-40 by the gallon at walmart. Someone started another "what oil you use" thread on the general forum too. Check it.

·
Mightiest Sorcerer of the Lands a.k.a. Rhinocerous
22,048 Posts
Run Valvoline 10w40 standard automotive oil for regular oil.
Mobile1 MX4T for full synth, unless you wanna pay more. Then go to Cycle Gear, I think the Motul shit is like $12 a qt.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts