Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I bought an '88 GSXR750 slingshot the other day , was wondering if there is anything special i need to lookout for with this year/model of bike
Thanks all.
Jayson

·
Registered
73 Posts
I havent had any problems with mine, except that it tends to boss me around, I really do intend on goin the speed limit, honest. But the damn bike jus has a mind of its own

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
I'd say that speeding tickets and SUVs are the biggest things to "look out" for...

...seriously, all of the oil-cooled bikes have a reputation for standing up well even under abusive conditions... I wouldn't think that there is anything specific other than the normal wear-and-tear kinda stuff to look out for (fork seals, 1st or 2nd gear skipping, poor maintainence, etc).

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
starter clutches are known to go bad

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Just check the whole thing over o see if it's safe are the brake lines original and split ? is the front spocket on properly is the chain tension correct and what are the tyres like etc etc..............

yes, and keep an eye on the oil level and all will be well.

Andy

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Modding, watch out for the mod bug, once you start oh man does it get out of control...
-Karl

·
Super Moderator
17,291 Posts
Coils....Seems this bike eats 'em up..

Congrats on the bike..Do you have a manual?? If not, shoot me an e-mail and I can send you one no charge.. [email protected]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts