Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

I've got a set of old wet tyres, must of had them for 4 years now in a garage. Was supposed to use them but never got round to it!! Want to know if they are still safe? Do tyres degrade?

Any help would be appreciated! Getting the bike ready for winter and they may come in handy, but theres no way I'm rebuilding the bike again!!!

·
Currently using pedals..
2,979 Posts
Welcome, please introduce yourself and tell us about your riding background in the starting line section of the forum.

4 year old tires are starting to push it, but what I would do is call the manufacturer and ask what their recommendation is. Not a bunch of joe blows on the net ;)

·
Premium Member
2,082 Posts
Yes, tires DO degrade. After a while, the rubber gets hard and they lose their grip. +1 the manufacturer will know the answer for your particular tires better than anyone else.

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
Rain tires are good for two years... After that, get rid of them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Welcome, please introduce yourself and tell us about your riding background in the starting line section of the forum.

4 year old tires are starting to push it, but what I would do is call the manufacturer and ask what their recommendation is. Not a bunch of joe blows on the net ;)

But I get all my knowledge in life from the Internet!....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts